Chapter 8

It was now Monday and I was now just walking into the school wearing some dark jeans and a loose tan sweater.
I stopped at my locker to put the books that I didn't need at the moment.

"Hey Alex!" I heard behind me. Turned my head to look behind me see Mika.

"Hi."

I turn back around to sort through the book for which ones I need. I felt a tap at my shoulder I mentally sigh and turn around fully to see Mika still looking at me.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at my place after school today? Whaddya say?" Mika asked me.
I was mentally screaming at myself to run away since the fact that I'm pretty sure she was me drop my glass of water on that guy at the house party, which I still feel guilty about.

"Oh..um..." I couldn't seem to form the words to say anything. That's the one thing I hate. I can never form words at the moments when I need to speak the most.

"C'mon it'll be fun! We haven't hung out together in a while. Please?" She said and for some reason it seemed like she was pleading at this point.

"I-" I couldn't even say anything before she cut me off.

"Look I know your embarrassed at what happened at the house party but Sam already forgave you. It was just water anyways! I'll even make the guys stay away at the house just so your comfortable there! Please!" She said. Why was she do desperate?

And wait...

Those guys actually live with her?! I thought they were only there to serve for the house party! If I go there I'll be even more embarrassed.

But then again I'm pretty sure I can't say no to this. Because Mike will probably force me to say yes. It is Mika after all.

" I guess..." I'll just have to text mom to let her know I'm going over. But it won't really matter if she noes or not.

"Great! We can drive together with Suzu and Naomi. They can just drop us off!" Mika told me.
I nodded to her. We agreed to meet at my locker after school to meet and then we will head to her house even though I was dreading it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day seemed to go by fast. And I was just now leaving my last class of the day and to my locker.
I grabed all my books and put them in my backpack.

I could hear laughing coming from my left and I glanced over to see Lisette walking down the hall with a couple girls behind her. I quickly turn back to my locker hoping she will walk by without even noticing me.

Luck must have been on my side for once because that's exactly what she.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding and closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breath.
I felt a tap on my right shoulder and I flinched away at the sudden contact. I turned around and saw Mika with her backpack on her shoulder.

"Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you! I told Suzu and Naomi to wait by the car so why don't we start heading out?" Mika said to me with a sincere smile.

I let myself smile back at her, not a big one but one you could at least notice from across the hall. I followed her outside and to Suzu and Naomi who were both leaning against the car, talking.

I never really new Suzu and Naomi. I mean I've talked to them but not much at all really. That's the same with Mika almost. I've known Mika ever since we were 12, I met her in school. But just because we've known each other since then doesn't mean were best friends or somthing. We're just more acquaintances/friends. We probably wouldn't hang out at all of it wasn't for our mom's who both day we should hang out all the time.

Laura probably made Mika invite me over.

When we stopped in front of the car Mika, Suzu and Naomi started chatting together,
as if I wasn there.

Seeing them all talk and laugh together made me almost jealous of them all.

It seemed as if they finally just remembered I was there and they turned to look at me.
"Oh...um Hey! Alex..." Naomi said to me while rubbing the back of her neck.
"Oh yeah...Hey! Alex." Suzu said aswell.

They both looked uncomfortable. I don't blame them either, I don't belong near them at all.

We all went into the car. Naomi in the drivers side with Suzu next to her with me and Mika in the back.
I had my backpack in my lap hugging it close to me.

Mika, Suzu and Naomi all talked and laughed the whole ride. They would even sometimes sing to whatever song was on the radio.
Sometime later we pulled into the huge drivway of the mansion and me and Mika stepped out of the car, closing our doors behind us.
Mika said goodbye to the both of them and they went off, driving away.

I looked at the big mansion in front of me, it still looked as big and taunting as the night of the house party. I felt almost scared going inside when it wasn't full of people, feeling as if I would get lost if I tried to go off on my own in there.

Mika started walking to the front doors with me trailing behind her.
She opened one of the doors and started walking in, keeping the door open so I can walk in aswell before shutting it behind her.

"I'm home!" She yelled. Someone emerged from a room on one side that looks like the dinning room of I can remember correctly from the other night.

"Welcome home miss" The man said.

I already forgot there were other people here.

Just kill me now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~