Answer Me

Chapter 22

Ringos POV

Our visit to the east coast and sunny warm Florida was officially over and it was time to go back old small Liverpool.

I started thinking about Missy and started wondering if she was going to return with us.

"you got five minutes Ringo" Brian reminded me as I picked up the phone.

"I'll be quick" I groaned frustrated as I dialed for the operator.

"operator for long long distance calls how may I help you?"

"um im calling for the Beach Boys summer beach house in Malibu"

"May I ask whos calling?"

"Ringo Starr" I answered nervously

"oh. I see, I'll connect you right away" she answered a bit surprised.

"Thank you"

"your welcome" she replied.

"you are connected Mr. Starr you may speak"

Finally she left as a young Californian man answered who was about my age.

"Hello?" he asked in his beach accent

"hello is Missy there"

the man answered rudely. "Ringo, Missy is done with you and all just move on and stop calling"

I held back my anger but spoke firmly "listen, im not calling to win her back from you I just want to know if.. ."

I was cut off by a sweet calm female voice which was obviously my dear Missy or past dear.

"Rings, I know why your calling. I've decided to stay."

I tried not to sound shocked "what are you gonna tell your grandmother"

"tell her that I've decided to stay in California for a while to reunite with old friends."

I sighed "I think you should return to Liverpool with us so you can get your belongings"

"I don't want to go back to that shitty place with you and be around someone who keeps a deep secret from me" she shouted.

tears started forming as she sighed sadly.

"I'm sorry Richard I...I can't talk to you. just tell my grandmother what I asked you to tell her please"

I held back the pain that she caused.

"I will"

"thank you"

"your welcome."

she took a deep breath "so I guess this is goodbye"

I sighed thinking to myself. I have to tell her.

"wait Missy"

"What?" she asked with frustration

"um heres the secret. im a....well im....erm uh" I started sweating "I can't im sorry"

"I don't care anyone we are done ok, im free instead of being hidden away from you so I know nothing.you understand?"

"yes"I sighed

"good so, good bye Richard, and don't worry you'll find another girl after all so many are after you"

suddenly my chest tightened from the harsh word.

"ya..um .bye" I replied with pain

before she could speak I  immediately slammed the phone down.

I bursted into tears.

Im done just leave her, I have George, he will always be here for me he is my soulmate, we belong together. I sound so mad supporting myself.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by George.

"You okay?" he asked with concern

"ya" I sighed as tears continued to spill out of my eyes.

George laid his hand on my back

"I know its hard but as I told you, just be done with her"

"I have but I keep remembering how...."

He cut me off  "just ignore the memory." He replied calmly

I hugged him tightly as I bursted

in tears.

"its okay Rings" he patted my back

"I don't know"I cried as I cried in his shoulder.

John walked in chuckling "all right queer birds stop your cuddling, its time to go"

George and I glared at him.

" oh, fuck off lennon" George and I snapped.

He snickered "fine,but get your queer arses out so we can leave."  He smiled mischeviously "Pattie is waiting perhaps I should company her?"

George glared at him "just have Paul and Jane."

"pitty" he replied with a sarcastic frown

We then followed him out to our escort for the airport.

(Sorry that I haven't been updating alot I'm getting ready for school. it will be normal in a week I promise. ILY all :) )