xxxi.

a/n: this is a flashback chapter. and two more chapters unti this story ends.

chapter thirty one: promise i'll stay here til the morning and pick you up when you're falling

allison's pov

what is love? many of us ask this to see what people will respond to it. but if you ask me, i'll just tell you that it's the most beautiful thing once you find the right person.

"gray, what are we doing here?", i whine. "don't worry baby, you'll love it", he said and i smiled. he pulled me towards the pier and we went under it. i saw the way he decorated it and i started smiling. "gray this is just.. beautiful", i said and i started tearing up. "baby you deserve the best", he said and smiled.

i saw the blanket spread across the sand and i sat down. "you like it?", he asked and started playing with his fingers. i look at him and i leaned in and kissed him. "gray, i love it", i said and smiled. he smiled and grabbed my face and kissed me. "i love you so much, allison", he said and i smile. "gray, i love you too", i said and i kissed him.

i laid down on the sheet and he hovered over me. "gray, not here", i said while laughing. "i know", he said while staring at me. "what?", i said and smiled. "you're just so beautiful", he said and i felt my heart melt. "grayson, you know i love you so much, right?", i told him. "yeah, i know, princess", he said and he smiled. "you love me too, right?", i said and he smiled and chuckled.

"yes, allison, i love you. and nothing will ever change that", he said. "nothing?", i said and he nodded. "let's go to the car", i said and he nodded. we left the mini fort grayson made and we headed towards the car. grayson started the car and we started driving to the fair. "grayson, i don't want you wasting your money on me", i said and he shushed me. "baby, i want to spoil you", he said and i smiled.

we went on the rides and i looked at the ferris wheel. "grayson, can we go there?", i asked and gave him the puppy eyes. "okay, let's go", he said and i smiled. we went to the line and luckily there was no one in line. we went to our seats and we started to go up. "grayson this is just beautiful", i said. the lights were in place and the sky looked so beautiful.

he grabs my face and he kisses me. i felt butterflies swarming in my stomach and i felt happy. happy that i found the love of my life. happy that he makes me happy. happy that he completes me.

i don't think anyone would ever replace him.

flashback over.

  Promise I'll stay here 'till the morning
And pick you up when you're falling
When the rain gets rough, when you've had enough
I'll just sweep you off your feet and fix you with my love