xxix.

chapter twenty nine: he's ok, she's broken

allison's pov

who would've thought i would be hurting for a few months, almost a year. never would i think that i would be hurting for this long.

we parked in the parking lot near the mall and we got off and we started walking towards the disney store.  "oh my god. CHOCOLATE!", i yelled out and started walking towards all the chocolate they had. "i get it's chocolate, but you need to calm down", brittany said while laughing. i looked at the toys they had here and i started remembering how me and grayson dreamed of coming over here for our 1 year anniversary.

i started tearing up and blinked the tears away. "hey, um, let's go to the mall?", brittany said. i nodded and we started heading out towards the mall. "let's go inside hot topic?", she asked and i nodded and smiled. we went inside hot topic and we started looking around. i saw that there was nightmare before christmas merch and i started looking there.

"look at this", i said. "that is so cute!", brittany said. there was a plush that was in the form of a dog. "i want it so bad", i said. ethan grabs it and he starts heading towards the cashier. "ethan, what are you doing?", i asked him. "getting this for you?", he said in a form of a question. "oh my god", i said while laughing. he stares at me with a serious expression on his face. "oh shit, you're serious", i said and brittany looks at him. "are you sure, babe?", she asked. "i'm positive babe. i'm only doing this to make her happy", he said. we both smiled and i went to look somewhere else.

"look there's riverdale merch back here!", i yelled out to ethan and brittany. "this outfit is so cute", she said pointed to a veronica lodge black lace dress. "it's gorgeous", i said and kept staring at it. "you guys want it?", ethan asked. "well, i want it but-", i was cut off by ethan grabbing the dress and holding it. "oh my god, you're getting spoiled by MY boyfriend", brittany said and started laughing. "i really feel bad though", i said. "i know, but don't say you want to pay him back because knowing ethan he won't take the money", she said and we both started laughing.

"we can take her to do her nails", ethan said and smiled. "you're spoiling her way too much, babe", she said and i smiled. "she deserves it right now. i mean he's the reason why she's like this", he said and i laughed. "look ethan, i'm fine with just these things, but i just need to pay you back", i said. "that won't be necessary, ally", he said and i laughed. "i told you he won't take your money", she said and rolled her eyes playfully. 

"oh well. look ethan, i can take myself to do my nails", i said and laughed. "let me spoil you since no man can take you seriously", he said and winked. "dear god, ethan", i said and started laughing. "alright, let's go buy your things and let's go do our nails", brittany said and squealed. i laughed and we waited outside for ethan while he was paying.

a few minutes later, he comes out with a huge bag and we start walking towards the car. "do you have any idea how you're gonna do your nails?", she asked. "i was thinking about acrylics, stiletto, and matte black and marble on the ring finger", i said and brittany smiled. "ima do them like that too", she said and smiled.

*at the nail salon*

we made it to the nail salon and i went to the lady that knew how to do marble designs. "so you want them like this?", the lady asked and i nodded. "i'm paying for both of you, know that", ethan said and i smiled.

*an hour later*

me and brittany did our nails the same and i felt satisfied. i smiled and we went to the car. "let's go home?", i asked and they nodded. "your house?", she asked and i nodded. we drove to my house and i see my mom's car gone. "great. she went to work", i said to myself. ethan parked the car inside the garage and i got out and went straight to my room. i pulled out my vinyl player and started blasting ed sheeran. "ally?", i hear brittany say. i turned up the volume and i kept blasting ed sheeran. i hear her knocking and i felt lazy to go open the door. "ally, i'll kick the door wide open if you don't open up", brittany said and i went to open the door.

when will the hurt end? never, unless you find the happiness you need.