Chapter Fifteen

When Dylan came back in, I was holding a picture frame, one that held a picture of Dylan, Ked, Kiara, Johnny and me—Olivia Clark. It had been taken in the Christmas of 2016, and we all looked indescribably happy. That's the way it should've stayed.

I turned around, hearing Dylan drop a box on the floor. When he saw me holding the frame, he smiled.

"Sorry," Alessia said, making me put the photo back.

Dylan shook his head, walking over to where I stood. He looked down at his photos and I glanced over at them once more.

"I think this is my favourite," he said, picking up one that displayed a picture of Dylan and me—Olivia Clark. It was a selfie taken by me, with Dylan looking over at me as I grinned into the lens.

Suddenly, Alessia began to feel jealous, though slightly curious too.

"That girl," she began, "Olivia, right?" She asked and I metaphorically sat back, watching as she took control.

Dylan grinned, gazing down at the picture. "Yeah," he replied.

Alessia picked up another photo, one that was also of Dylan and I. "You guys seem close," she acknowledged.

He nodded, "We've been friends for eight years." He told her, putting the picture down before glancing over at the one she was holding.

"Are you going to ask her to Prom?" She asked suddenly, making him look up at her, a frown etched onto his face.

"I don't know," he confessed, shrugging, "it's still a while away," he said, leaning over to his curtains to draw them.

"Yeah," Alessia said, before pausing to take a breath, as if to ready herself for something. "But you don't want to leave it too long; someone else might ask her."

From where I stood in a metaphorical backstage of Alessia's life, I froze. This was it. Dylan asked if I had plans for Prom five months before it happened, and I thought that he was just filling a silence, or maybe just thinking ahead. I had no idea that it was an idea influenced by Alessia Trent.

Dylan did, in fact, end up asking me to Prom, but as a friend and just after our mocks in April. It was still early but at least it wasn't five months early.

"Did you want anything?" Dylan asked and Alessia thought that maybe he was avoiding the subject, "A drink? Some food? A relaxing bath?"

I laughed, suddenly coming forth in the mind of Alessia Trent. "All of the above," I said, making him laugh too.

"Okay, drink?" He asked.

I thought for a moment, "Hot chocolate," I told him, "with loads of marshmallows and frothed milk,"

He smiled, "Food?" He prompted next.

"I'm craving olives, yeah, I know, weird combination. But maybe some Oreos too? The ones with the white insides?" Dylan nodded at my request, laughing.

"I'll have to double-check on the olives, but yes, and...the bath?" He asked, making my smile grow.

"Not too many bubbles, but maybe a bath bomb and something to make your skin soft. Warm—not too hot and not too cold. And I want to shower beforehand; I hate just laying in a bath full of my grime." I said, grimacing, listening to Dylan hum in response.