Chapter 16 - Hero

Začít od začátku

I muster all my courage and strength to say, "get out, Yo." I didn't yell this time, but the false sternness of my voice should be enough to scare him away. Hopefully, he doesn't see through the facade and believes it.

SLAP!

Again, I flinch at the touch of his hand. They weren't the loving and caring touch I'm used to. They're full of anger and frustration and hurt. I could feel my heart stinging more than my cheek. My feelings hurt more than my face. I look at him defeated and resigned, the fake coldness long gone. I still need to get him out of here though. I still need to keep him safe despite his hatred towards me. After all, this is all my fault.

I open my mouth again, but before I could utter another word, my breath stops, my heart explodes, my soul flies, my mind breaks and my body freezes as he quickly removes his surgical mask and hurls himself to me, throwing his arms around my neck, half of his body dangling from the bed. He cries.

"Stupid! You stupid, stupid guy!" he says while crying. "I hate you so much."

Still in shock, I swear I could've died in fear when he rubbed his cheek on mine. Skin to skin contact. This is dangerous. But I can't seem to think and move. My mind is blank. My heart is in overdrive.

"Please, don't push me away anymore," he begs in between sobs. I can't take this anymore. I can't hold the tears any longer. One silent drop was followed by another, then another. I sit motionless, with my love hugging me so tightly. This is what I feared, but this is also what I yearned for. This is what I avoided, but this is also what I've been wishing for. My mind tries to salvage the last tiny piece of resolve I have to continue my mission and see it through. To see to it that Wayo, the boy I love with all my heart, the boy I'm willing to give up everything for is safe from the disease, is safe from me. "Yo~," I start, this time gently, like how I talk to him before fate played with us.

"I thought we're partners, P'Pha?" he interupts me. As soon as he let those words escape his mouth in his strained and pained voice, my emotions came crashing on me in full force. My mind short-circuited and my body was taken over by my heart, drowning in guilt and love. Yes, we are indeed partners.

Throwing caution to the wind, my arms snake around him and pull him closer for the hug I so desperately longed for. I'm being selfish. I know I'm putting him at risk. I have no more excuse. I don't want anymore excuse. I want him... only him. I'm sorry, my Wayo.

"I'm s-sorry," I cry to him as I tighten my embrace. "I'm so sorry, baby. P is stupid. P is selfish. Your boyfriend is useless," I tell him, feeling guilty for giving in to my heart's desire and putting him in danger. "I missed you so much. Don't ever think that I don't love you, but you have to go. You might get infected," I try to coax him. I told him what I've always wanted to say after the break up - that I love him. I hugged him just like how I've always wanted to when I was alone in the hotel. I said sorry like how I should have for breaking his heart. This is enough for me. I'm at the end of my life, he's still at the beginning, I need to let him go so he can live.

He pulls away from the hug, wipes my tears then presses his lips on mine. His lips lingered on mine for a few seconds, making me feel all his love for me. "P is not stupid. P is selfless. My boyfriend is a hero," he tells me softly, looking sincerely in my eyes.

-----

Wayo POV

"I-I'm still your bo-boyfriend?" he asks. His eyes are full of longing and hope. His tone full of disbelief and regret. He's confused. My P'Pha is torn between what he wants and what he needs to do. He's undecided if he should send me away to keep me safe or accept my presence to help ease his suffering.