Chapter 10 - The Visit (Part 2)

Here is the second part of chapter 10. If you haven't seen the first part, please read that before this.

Enjoy, and don't forget to vote if you do.

-----

Beam POV

We are all quietly watching N'Yo as he forcefully swallows every bite of food. Clearly, he doesn't have the apetite, but is still trying his best to keep his end of the bargain. Forth promised him that if he finishes his meal, we would tell him everything. I know he deserves it. We owe it to him. But the problem is - we don't fucking know anything! Ugh! This boyfriend of mine making stupid deals and promises to the poor kid. I mentally slap my forehead thinking about the impending disaster - N'Yo losing his confidence in us because we couldn't keep our end of the deal.

As soon as N'Yo bitterly finishes the last bite, he looks at us expectantly. I try to avoid his gaze because I really don't know what to tell him. The very helpful Kit also doesn't say anything and looks anywhere but Yo's direction.

Forth clears his throat and begins to tell Yo, "okay, nong, as promised, Beam will tell you what he knows." My eyes widen in horror. What?! Why me? Do I know something I'm not aware of? I can kill this big buffalo right now. Yo looks directly at me, his expectant gaze making me want to shrink in my seat. After a few seconds of total silence, I see his face starting to fall. I give Forth a death glare for putting me on the spot before I fake a cough and start to speak. Okay, here goes nothing.

"Uhm, nong, well, you see, I really can't tell you anything because I don't know anything," I nervously begin. Yo looks directly at my eyes and I can see the pain and disappointment living in them. I need to act fast. "Uhm, if you want, I can tell you what we did before the start of the semester - before all of this happened. I don't know if that will help, but that's the best I can offer."

The poor kid looks at each of us intently then nods.

"Hmm, where do I start?" I pause for a second, gathering my thoughts. "Okay. Nong, remember when we had a medical mission in the mountain regions during the semester break?" Yo nods twice. I continue, "the three of us were very excited because it was our first time to spearhead a medical mission and immersion with the different tribes in the region. You know we're working on a research that requires the immersion, right?" I look at the others and notice Forth and Ming frowning.

"I know that! P'Kit's messages were very far and few in between that time," Ming whines.

"Didn't I explain to you already that there was no reception in the mountains because of the thick forest?" Kit says in annoyance.

"But it was for a whole month, P'Kit. I missed you so bad," Ming says with a pout. "I missed my Beam, too, Ming, but they tried their best to contact us whenever they could, didn't they?" my boyfriend asks the pouting kid, to which he just answers with a nod. "Anyway, let him finish his story," Forth adds.

"So as we moved from tribe to tribe and mountain to mountain, we were all getting frustrated because of the weak to non-existent signal. I even remember Ai'Pha being grumpy and snapping at everything because he's missing N'Yo so bad," I say as I look at Yo with a sad smile.

"Yes, nong. He was too much to handle! None of us in the group could talk to him without getting glared at and being scolded," Kit chimes in. "He was always just so irritated and would easily get mad, but that was before he fell sick."

"Oh yeah, he had a fever for a few days so we told him to just rest and leave the mission to us while he's recovering," I tell them.

"To our relief, that jerk didn't have any energy to be grumpy and scold us while he was sick, instead he became a giant, whiny baby," Kit says chuckling. "Let me tell you, he just wouldn't stop whining, telling us how much he misses you and that he wished you were there because you would surely take care of him."