Chapter 10 - The Visit (Part 3)

Please read chapter 10 parts 1 & 2 first before this.

Don't forget to vote if you enjoy reading this chapter.

-----

Wayo POV

As I lay still in my bed, the scene with P'Beam and P'Kit earlier keeps on replaying in my head.

I think Pha still loves you.

I don't think it would be that sudden and easy for his feelings to change.

I smile to myself. They're right, stupid Yo. How could you not know that? Your P'Pha has never looked at anyone aside from you, that alone already says a lot. Hmm, but why did he do what he did? Why did he say what he said? Most of all, why did he choose to hurt me?

I think Pha still loves you.

I don't think it would be that sudden and easy for his feelings to change.

He must really have a different reason behind all these, not the one he told me. P'Beam and P'Kit both think so. I choose to believe them. I choose to believe in us.

What could drive a person to hurt the one he loves? Think, Yo. Okay, if it was me, what would push me to break up with P'Pha? Hmm, I really don't know. I could never break up with him. I just love him too much, that I can never bring myself to hurt him. I would do anything to make him happy and keep him safe. But what if I can only choose one - do I make him happy or do I keep him safe? Nah, that's absurd! Why can't it be both? But come to think of it, our relationship is not really what society views as normal. We live in a very judgmental world, cruel to a point. Now that I think about it, the idea of having to choose between happiness and safety doesn't seem so far-fetched at all. I never really gave much thought about it until now. Maybe that's it! I will only break up with him so I can protect him. Yeah, I think that could be a reason, but from whom? My dad? But my dad likes P'Pha. He already approved of our relationship. Gasp! But that's my dad. What about his parents? Do they even know about us? Maybe they just found out and did not approve. Yes, that's a possibility.

I think I'm putting the puzzle pieces together now. So P'Pha broke up with me because his parents don't approve of us. Maybe they threatened him of my safety, so he broke up with me to protect me because he loves me. He loves me so much that he's willing to sacrifice his happiness just to keep me safe. That's it! Aww, P'Pha is really so caring. I'm touched. But he's kinda silly, why would he think that I'd be in danger? I'm pretty sure my overprotective dad won't let anything happen to me. We can even ask for his help to get approval from P'Pha's parents.

I think Pha still loves you.

I don't think it would be that sudden and easy for his feelings to change.

I've made up my mind. I won't let this be the end of us. I'm gonna tell him that he doesn't need to pretend anymore because I know he still loves me. We just need to get his parents to accept us then we can get back to our happy lives together. If he finds out that my dad is willing to help, then he will surely get back with me. Ooh, I'm getting excited!

Thank you, P'Beam and P'Kit. I owe you guys a lot.

I get up from my bed and head for the shower. I pick a nice outfit, I want to look good when he sees me. I grab my phone and wallet then bust out the door.

As I approach P'Pha's room, I suddenly feel nervous. My hands begin to sweat as I get closer to his door. What if I'm wrong? What if he really doesn't love me anymore? Should I just go back to my room?

I think Pha still loves you.

I don't think it would be that sudden and easy for his feelings to change.

Calm down, Yo. You'll just talk to him. What could possibly go wrong? I push the negative thoughts out of my system and hold on to P'Beam and P'Kit's words.

I take a deep breath and...

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Maybe he's not here. Maybe he's ignoring me just like he used to for the past weeks. Maybe what he said is really true.

I was about to walk away when I heard the door open. I stop in my tracks and freeze. Finally! P'Pha opened his door for me. He wants to talk to me. We'll get back together! Thank you, heaven. I put on the widest smile I could muster and slowly turn to face the door.

"Yes?"

I suddenly felt needles piercing my entire body. Heart shattered. Knees wobbly. My already healing wound rubbed fresh. I was stabbed in the gut, the knife being twisted inside.

I turn to face the owner of the voice. It's her. It's the girl he was with at the bar. She's in his room. After weeks of trying to get him to open the door for me without success, the first thing I see coming out of it is her when it finally opens.

"I-I'm sorry." Unable to fight the tears, I quickly apologize and run away.

"Wait," I barely hear her say as everything seems muffled. All I know is I need to get away from here. I need to escape the pain.

Beep. Beep. Beeeeeeeep.

After all that running, I find myself in the busy downtown streets. I have nowhere to go. The dorm isn't a safe place for my heart anymore. It's late at night and my friends are all probably resting by now.

I hail a cab. I hop in and rest my eyes to hopefully stop the tears from flowing.

"Sir, we're here," the driver pulls me out of my musing. I thank him and step out of the cab. The gate opens and I walk to the door half alive, with my head down and my heart in pieces. As I reach the door, I hear a familiar voice call me.

"Yo... baby..."

-----

A/N: Wayo's thoughts are due to his stress level that is causing him to overthink conclusively.

Please watch out for chapter 11 next week.

As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this chapter.