Chapter 3 - Unmoving

Ming POV

There goes my poor bestfriend again. Sigh.

I spotted Yo crying while staring blankly at the table in the middle of the canteen, and I can feel his sorrow from where I stand. There's this gloomy and desperate aura that has been emanating from him ever since that day. He's just not the cheerful and positive Yo I used to know. Well, it's only been 3 weeks since that jerk broke up with him, so I understand why he's still always on the verge of an emotional breakdown.

I haven't forgiven myself for not being there for my bestfriend when that happened. But then again, who would've expected that out of the blue and in that manner? Really, Pha?! The fairy angel gang, however, witnessed everything and informed me right away. We feel really bad for Yo, that's why we made it our mission to keep him company all the time to at least take his mind off of what happened.

"Ai'Yo! Fix yourself. Look at you crying again," I tell him, handing over his Pink Milk. Unsurprisingly anymore, he doesn't gulp down his drink, but just holds it uninterested.

We make our way to the fairy angel gang's table, which is already filled with food. Unsurprisingly again, Yo doesn't take interest in any of the food. He just sat on a chair and slumped his body on the table, his forehead resting on his arms.

I share a look with Montry and the rest of the gang. Seeing Yo still so depressed that he didn't even bother with his Pink Milk and the food, the twins started to tear up and sob, making Elephant glare at them and quietly shoo them away. We promised ourselves that there should be no crying and sadness whenever we're with Yo.

"E'Yo, we bought all your favorite, there's even sushi. Come eat na, na," Montry said trying his best to sound cheerful. "If you don't, Elephant here will eat them all. Come na, na, na."

No response.

"Ai'Yo, you'll regret it if you don't start eating. You know I can finish all the food here," Elephant warned, trying to lighten up the mood.

Still no response.

Sighing in defeat, I just rub Yo's back while I lean my head on his shoulder. It's my way of assuring him that I'll never leave his side.

Looking at Montry and Elephant, they are glaring at everyone staring at Yo. Yep, I can also feel their stares. This isn't new though. Ever since Phana and Yo made a scene right at this very canteen, Yo has been receiving stares whenever he made an appearance in school. News about their breakup spread like wildfire and people have been speculating as to why they did.

"I'm going back to the dorm," Yo says as he slowly gets up.

"But we still have classes, Yo. You can't miss anymore classes," Montry says in a motherly tone, clearly concerned for his friend.

Yo just looks down, not saying a word. Even with his head down, I saw a drop of tear fall from his eyes. So I decided that it might be best he goes back to his dorm. "Okay. Come, I'll take you there." I signal Montry and Elephant to go with us.

"E'Yo, let's walk na," Elephant says in a high pitch voice, trying very hard to sound cheerful.

"It's okay. I want to go back alone," Yo tells us with finality.

I sigh deeply and pat his shoulders. "Okay, buddy. Call me if you need anything, alright?" He hums and walks away with his head still facing the ground.

"I really want to beat the shit out of that bastard," I say angrily while looking at my bestfriend's retreating figure.

"Count us in," Montry says. "Yeah, we'll pin him down for you," Elephant adds.

"But we can't," I say as I try to calm down. "As much as we want to, we know that Yo wouldn't want that."

Montry and Elephant release a deep sigh at the same time.

"We all know that his love for Pha hasn't changed."