don't talk to me or my son ever again

Tony's POV:

The scream was bloodcurdling. As soon as it had begun it stopped, but Tony was already running. Already charging to where the sound had come from.

Where Peter was.

His heart raced as he burst through doorways, pushing through deserted food carts and over spilled chairs. His only thought was Peter. The stupid, arrogant, annoying adolescent boy that had become one of the sole reasons that Tony lived for. If something had happened to him...

Tony smashed into the foyer and stopped dead, taking in the scene. 

Peter lay on the floor, mask off. So still Tony couldn't be sure he was breathing. 

Next to him kneeled a girl in an opalescent suit. Her mask lay next to Peter's. Her head had whipped up at the sound of Tony barging in, and her curls swung wildly around her face, making her expression look almost manic. 

Tears streamed down her face and she didn't resist when Tony shoved past to kneel next to Peter. The only word that came out of her mouth was a whisper: I'm so sorry, Peter.

Tony checked Peter's pulse, sighing with relief when he felt a steady beat. 

"Pete. Hey kid," he murmured. "Kid, it's me. It's Tony." 

Peter muttered something and his eyes fluttered. 

"You're okay." 

 The boy sat up, clutching his head as Tony steadied him. "W-what happened?" he mumbled. 

"You fell in battle," came Tony's attempt at a joke. "It was very heroic."  Peter's eyes cleared as he let out a hoarse chuckle, and he returned his attention back to his foe.

Peter's POV

He guessed it would have been better if he hadn't turned, hadn't chosen to look at the face of the woman who had used him as bait to ruin Tony Stark.

But he did. And as he looked at Asa, he felt his heart drop through his feet.

--------------

Author's Note:

Tell me, did you see that coming? Stay tuned for the next chapter, coming soon....