injury

Katy;
*27 days left*
I didn't use the crutches. I still wanted to feel the pain.
I wrote 27 days left in my notepad, stroking the paper gently. After writing the date underneath, I lay on the couch, hugging the notepad tightly and took a nap.

"Boo!"
I sleepily opened my eyes to see Alexa's brown eyes look into mine. Her eyes looked exactly like Orlando's.
"Hey babygirl." I said, pulling her in for a kiss. I dropped the notepad.
"This notepad is pretty, it looks really old too. Where did you get it?" Alexa asks.
"Oh uh," I begin, taking the notepad from her. "An-an-antique shop."
"It's cute," she says. "Do you write your song ideas in it?"
"Uh, yes?" I replied shakily.
"Ooh, can I see?"
"No!" I say, pulling the notepad away from her reach. "It's, uh, private. Top secret. For now."

Alexa raised an eyebrow before she went to get a glass of water. I started to feel guilty-I hated lying to her.
She walked back. "Katy, I never knew you had a basketball court in your garden! Wanna play?" I smiled at her. "Of course. I'll win!" I said, getting up and feeling a sharp pain in my ankle.

"Another one in the basket!" I yelled. The score so far was 4-1, and I was determined to win. Alexa frowned.
"This isn't fair, you're taller than me! Also isn't basketball meant to have more than two players?"
I blinked at her. "The fuck? This was your idea babes. Just keep playing! You might even score one." I teased. Alexa smiled, running towards me and taking the ball, bouncing it to my hoop and scoring.
"Finally!" She laughed.

The score now was 9-9, and I was suddenly competitive. I had the ball, and I bounced it towards Alexa's hoop quickly.
"I don't think so!" Alexa smirked, attempting to  tackle the ball from me but failing. I stuck my tongue out at her, smirking as I bounced the ball towards my target. As I was about to shoot, I felt a really sharp pain in my ankle. I fell to the ground landing on my ankle and saw that it was red, swollen and bruised. Tears started streaming down my face as it started to throb-it felt like thousands of wasps were stinging it. It felt like it was getting burned. It felt like my skin was getting peeled off.

I suddenly felt light headed as the pain started taking over. I saw Alexa running towards me.
"Katy? Katy, are you okay? Can you hear me?" I
I looked at her, tears flowing down my face and the next thing I know pain took over and all I could see was darkness.