alexa

[trigger warning-minor mentions on suicide.]

*5 days later*

Alexa;
"Heyy!" I whispered in Katy Perry's ear. This feels so surreal!
Katy groaned and opened her eyes. "Who are you?" She mumbled.
"I'm Alexa! My step sister told me to come here today and hang out with you. And you're Katy Perry! I love you and your music so much. Can you please perform Rise again one day? It's so underrated now oh my god. Anyway I'm Alexa and I'm 26. I grew up in London. And I'm gay. As fuck. Tell me about you!" I said excitedly.

"Well," Katy started, rubbing her eyes. "My real name isn't Katy Perry, it's actually Katheryn Hudson. I'm 33 and I grew up in Santa Barbara, which is in California. No I will most likely not perform Rise ever again. I love gay people. So I like you. Maybe. My boyfriend Orlando died in a car crash like almost 2 weeks ago and it's my fault. One day I'll kill myself so I can be with him. I miss him loads. Don't look at me like that! It's what I deserve. I want to fucking die."
I bit my lip, unsure of what to say. To break the tension a nurse walked in with a professional looking person.
"Katheryn Hudson?" He asked. Katy nodded her head, clearly nervous. She reached out for my hand, grabbing it. The nurse beckoned me to go outside.
"I'll be back in a bit." I said to Katy softly, squeezing her hand.

I heard mumbles come from inside as I waited outside the room, unsure of what to expect once I go back in.
What if she's permanently injured? What if she won't be able to perform again? What if she has to be moved to another hospital and I won't ever be able to see her again?

The nurse told me I could come back in. I walked over to Katy's bed and saw her crying.
"Katy!" I ran over to her and she looked at me, tears streaming down her face. "Alexa. I missed it. I missed his funeral." I knew exactly what she was talking about. She missed Orlando's funeral. "What? Why? Couldn't they have waited?" I questioned.
"They did wait. But I can't get out of hospital until I've healed enough for me to be able to sit in a wheelchair at least, and they just had to you know? This is all my fault." She cried. "Oh Katy," I said. "I'm so sorry."
"And another thing." She continued. "The man who walked in is a psychiatrist. He put me on suicide watch."