hot chocolate

Alexa;
I can't believe I kissed Katy. She probably hates me now. Fuck, I really messed our friendship up.
All of a sudden my phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my pocket and glanced at the screen.
It was from Katy.

K- hiya
A- hi katy
K- how are you babygirl?
A- did you just call me babygirl?
K- yep. do you not like it?
A- are you kidding? i love it!
A- uh, i mean, are you mad at me for kissing you?
K- no i liked it
A- what? really?
K- sometimes i like kissing girls
K- do you want to meet?
A- sure of course? can we meet at the café near your house?
K- its a date babygirl.

It's a date?

Katy;
I waited for Alexa at the café, stirring my hot chocolate slowly, watching the whipped cream dissolve and bubble into the beverage. I sighed, thinking about Orlando, how he would normally sit across me at this very table, how he would drink his hot chocolate and get some whipped cream on his nose and how we would laugh at the most ridiculous things. I looked across me and stared hard, like I was willing for Orlando to pop up in the seat on the other side of the table.

My thoughts were disturbed when I heard the door open, rain dripping from the top of the door frame and I see Alexa walk in.
"Alexa!" I yell and run up to her, giving her a huge hug and ignoring the huge scene I just created. "Hi Katy!" She replied, hugging me tighter. I let go, looked at her and blushed before taking her hand and leading us to the table I was sitting at.

5 minutes later Alexa was sitting across me stirring her mug of hot chocolate.
"Thats where Orlando used to sit," I told her. "We would always get a hot chocolate each on rainy days like this and he would always get whipped cream on his nose and I kiss it off for him." Alexa put her spoon down and started to listen intently. Tears started to well up in my eyes. "We would cry laugh at the smallest things and cause a scene. Once we were so loud we got kicked out!" I chuckled as tears started streaming down my face. "I miss him so, Alexa. I miss him so, so much." I started crying then, and Alexa shuffled next to me and gave me a hug.
"Baby. Don't cry, Everything will be okay. I promise."

I sniffled and looked at her, smiling gratefully. Then my smile dropped and I looked down at my hot chocolate, which by now must have turned cold. "I'm giving myself a month, Alexa. A month of trying to be happy before I go to find him. I don't belong here without him." Alexa shook her head. "I don't think so, Katy. You're staying right here." I didn't reply. "Should we go back to your place?" She questioned. "Sure." I replied, gathering my stuff. "Oh wait, stop." Alexa said. "Why?" I questioned, then Alexa leaned in and kissed my nose. I blushed. "What was that for?" I smiled. Alexa giggled.

"You had whipped cream on your nose."