Chapter 4

(Talia's POV)

"Get up sugar cup! It's girls day out today!"

Groaning, I rolled over and pulled the heavy cover further over my head. "Go away," I mumbled, wishing for sleep to pull me back under.

The cover was ripped off of my body, letting the sharp chill of air sweep over my body.

"Come on girl! I got more cash on my card today, time for a shopping spree followed by a mani-pedi!" She said as if that kind of things would cause me to pop out of my blissful sleep ecstatically and run out the door with her.

"I should have never gave you a key to my apartment," I groaned, slowly pushing myself into an upright position. Kimberly had been my best friend since kindergarten, always being the girl to pull me out of my hacker one-track mind and bring me back to a world of shopping and partying. Which I guess was perfectly normal for the average girl and I did enjoy being an normal girl sometimes.

We were polar opposites. Where I liked to sit on the computer all day, hacking into mainframes, causing havoc and occasionally stealing something, always watching my money and making sure I had enough for rent. Kimberly, liked to spend all day, every day, shopping and clubbing. She also had an extremely rich father that paid for whatever his little girl wanted, even if his little girl was an adult and had the capability of working and paying for the things she wanted herself.

"Get your ass moving girl! I've got a full day planned and we don't have a minute to lose!" Kimberly spoke as she dug around in my drawers and closet, pulling out clothes as she went before throwing them at me and shoving at me until I slid off the bed.

"Kim!" I screeched as I hit the floor with a thunk, a dull pain radiating from my hip.

"Well, stop laying around and get moving!" Kim said, putting a hand on her hip.

Getting up I headed to the bathroom to change and quickly brush my teeth. It's not a good idea to mess with Kim when she's in a shopping mood.

I exited the bathroom and stumbled as one thing hit me and then another. Shoes.

"Ah now see? You look hot in that outfit. Perfect, let's go!"

I glanced up at Kim with an eyebrow raised. "I'm not wearing heels to go shopping."

She huffed and stomped her foot at me. "Just do it Tal! We're not going to be coming back here later and you need to wear heels for clubbing tonight."

"Kim," I whined, really not wanting to put on the heels, they were going to kill my feet if I had to wear them all day and tonight.

"Please, please, please! I'll tell you a surprise I was going to wait until tonight to tell you," She said, a hopeful look on her face.

I grunted and pulled on my high heeled boots. "Fine, but it better be good."

"Ah it is! I'll tell you in the car. Now come on!"

Kim's idea of a car was a sleek, black, stretch limo. The first time I went shopping in her father's limo with her, I had thought it a bit much. Until she bought so much that the limo was packed full.

Sitting on the soft leather seats inside the limo now, I knew for sure that today was going to be a long day.

"So, what's the surprise?" I asked, hoping that she wasn't setting me up on another blind date with a playboy. I didn't care to go down that road again.

Kim turned towards me and gave out a little squeal of joy. "Okay, I met this guy the other day. He's so hot and so smart. He works as a professor at NYU. I would love it if he taught me a few things!" She said, giggling.