Chapter 36

• इन्हें समर्पित: batcrazy

(Romeo's POV)

I walked along the street, my steps lighter and my pockets heavier. It felt indescribably good to be free of Mr. Vladimir, finally having the relief of knowing that he wouldn't be holding her past over her head anymore.

I felt almost like a completely different man than the one I had been before I met Talia. Before, I was haunted by my faults, past, and father. Wallowing in the despair of being alone and having nothing. I only had Jack and the food I could scrounge up from the dumpster, no money to my name. I had a demon inside that would rip me apart the first chance it got, constantly eating away at my soul.

Now, Talia's light had beamed into my soul, chasing away the demon for what I hoped was for good. I had food, money, and love. I had everything I could ever dream of and more. The money was a relief to have, I hadn't realized just how stressful it had been not to have it. Now that I did, I had the financial freedom to do what I wanted, which started with paying the bills on Jack's house in advance, getting the electric back on and leaving him plenty of money for food. I had paid him a visit this morning, right after meeting with Mr. Vladimir and calling the electric company. I could still see the smile of pride that had spread across his face when I flipped the lights on.

It felt good to be able to do something for him, after he had done so much for me. If the word father hadn't already been ruined for me, I would say that he was like one to me. Instead, he was the man I looked up to, someone I worked to impress, and a friend when I had none.

Though it felt odd to be spending money so frivolously, I knew every single thing I was doing was something needed and well deserved for who I was spending it on. I could spend all the money in the world on the ones I cared for and never feel that it was enough to repay them for being there for me.

Now I just had one more thing to do before I felt fully settled into my new life. It wasn't confronting my father, that would do no good. He is who he is, and the best way I can pay him back for everything that he's done, is to move on and live my life and not let his past abuse affect my future.

What I really wanted was to take Talia on a real date. Not one where she pays for the food and pretends it's her way of paying me back, but one truly surprising and romantic experience. I want to spoil her and give her everything her heart desires. I want her to know that she's the most beautiful woman in the world, and that I love her like she's air and I'm suffocating. Like she's the most decadent dessert and I'm a starving man.

She's the sun to my moon, the beauty to my world, and the beat to my heart.

I had things all planned out. I wanted her to have the most beautiful view for dinner, but I couldn't have her looking into a mirror. So I chose the next best thing.

In my mind, it was the best view in the city. I had found it one day exploring, finding my way up to the roof of the tallest, and recently abandoned, building in the lower part of town. You could look out over the ocean for the sunset, then turn and see the sparkling city lights afterwards. I hoped she would enjoy it as much as I once had and that it wouldn't lose its beauty in the light of hers.

I had to find the perfect thing for us to eat together. I had no knowledge of the best place to eat and no friends to ask for advice, but I had looked up reviews and tried to find something that way. Finally, I had made the choice, hoping it would be the right one.

I smiled. I was terrified of how this evening would go. Even though I had planned it all out, even heading up to the rooftop to prepare before hand, I knew it all rested on how Talia would respond to the question I would ask her tonight. Even with my fears of how it would go and what she would say, I was thrilled for the surreal opportunity of what could be.

Finding Romeoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें