Chapter 21

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην FireMage1

(Talias POV)

"I have to go back to the store," I said, rushing towards the door.

"What? No! We spent all day out and we finally got everything we needed, you have to stay here and spent time with me. I need my girl time!" Kim pouted, blocking the door.

"I found this," I stated, holding up the rose. "He left it in my bag, I have to go and find him."

"Find who? The guy who bagged our groceries? It was sweet of him to do, but you don't want to seem desperate. Go see him tomorrow, I'll even call and make sure he's working that day."

I grabbed Kim's arms. "It's Romeo! It has to be, this is exactly the kind of thing he would do. I have to go now before he's gone!"

Kim paused and I waited for everything to click in her mind. I could feel the precious seconds trickling by, along with my chance of finding him.

"Wait, so you think that the guy I tried to set you up with at the store is actually the guy you've been fawning over and the reason why you wouldn't talk to the guy in the first place?" Kim grinned triumphantly.

"Yes!" I was exasperated. "Can you move now? I have to go!"

"I'll go too," Kim said, heading over to grab her purse.

"No, I don't want you to come. It could not even be him, just stay here and spent your evening with Koteo." I really didn't want her tagging along for this. If I was wrong, I wanted to wallow in disappointment alone and if I was right, I didn't want her there because it could be dangerous.

"You can't go alone!" Kim insisted, not even listening to me.

"I'll take my gun," I said, jogging to my bedroom to grab Lukas gun. I really needed to give it back to him. "There! Now I'll be perfectly safe. Just stay here and I'll call you if I find anything okay?"

Kim sighed, her hands on her hips and her eyes narrowed.

"Please don't argue with me on this Kim," I said, hoping she would listen.

After a moment, she heaved a sigh and tossed me her keys. "At least take my car."

"I will, thank you!" I said, opening the door, only to find Koteo handing me a container of warm food.

"For the road," he said, bumping his glasses back up his nose.

"Thanks! Have fun!" I pulled the door closed and ran down the hall, to impatient for the elevator as I took the stairs down and out of the building.

I felt like I was racing against time to get there in time.

* * *

When I entered the store, the crowd had thinned out and the store looked like it was preparing to close for the evening.

Kevin was no longer working at the cash register and the potential Romeo was nowhere in sight.

"Excuse me," I said, finding a manager. "I'm looking for the guy who was working on bagging items earlier. Thin guy, brownish hair, store hat. Really quiet guy." I really should have paid attention to the bagging guys name tag.

The old guy looked me over, his eyes sagging with tiredness from a long day of dealing with customers and employees. "We have a lot of people working here," He stated and my shoulders drooped. "But I think I know what guy you're talking about."

Yes! "I really need to get in touch with him," I said, hoping the manager would go ahead and spill the beans of all the information I needed. "When is he coming back to work?"