Chapter Eleven

En başından başla

I dragged myself over to Alessia's floor length mirror, curling up in front of it, breaking out into sobs once more as I looked into the reflection.

I couldn't go to school in this state.

I breathed in and out slowly, trying to calm myself. As Alessia Trent, I was numb and vacant from my body, as Olivia Clark, I was losing my mind. I was notorious for losing my cool and even having mini-anxiety attacks or panic attacks sometimes.

This was one of those times.

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to calm myself. When I was calmer, I got up from the floor and ran myself a very cold bath, rummaging through Alessia's cupboards and finding painkillers. I took two and stuffed the rest in her school bag.

As the tub was filling up, I sorted out my folders and books, before grabbing a towel and my school uniform.

Back in the bathroom, I turned the taps off and stripped in front of the mirror, seeing red marks, already forming bruises, and scratches along Alessia's skin. Most would be hidden by her clothes, but some were still in plain sight.

I dipped my toe into Alessia's bath, shivering as I slipped into the ice water. I entered the bath as I had left Alessia's dad—fists and jaw clenched and biting on my tongue and cheeks.

I thought maybe a cold bath would relax my muscles, calm any swelling and keep the bruises away. Now shivering, I wasn't certain it would do all that, but I still laid in the cold bath anyway. I dipped under for as long as my breath would last, before I emerged for air, breathing fast and gulping oxygen down.

I knew I'd be late today. I'd probably miss my first lesson at the most; it wouldn't be detrimental.

When I was done in the bath, I climbed out and stood dripping in the centre of the bathroom for a while before I finally grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my damaged body.

I drained the bath before I began to dress. I looked into the mirror again after washing my face and brushing my teeth, seeing the bruises that I needed to cover up.

I sighed, leaving the bathroom so that I could get to work on covering up the marks. The ones on my face disappeared when I finished my daily makeup routine, but I had to apply heavy makeup on my arms and neck to make the rest go away.

When I was finished, I left the house without my ribbons—my Olivia Clark statement.

I was feeling less and less like Olivia Clark every single day, hour, minute, and second that I spent trapped in this body. In this life. In her life.

I slipped into Nell's shop, not greeting her, not responding at the till, and not saying goodbye when I left.

I walked slowly across the forest walk, dragging my feet and my will to live along with me.

When I got to school, I was ten minutes early to my second lesson and told the receptionists that I had an appointment this morning. They dismissed me as if this was a usual occurrence.

I had biology next, with Dylan as my partner. I slipped into the class, the teacher murmuring something about sitting with our partners. I didn't respond and instead sat on the stool next to Dylan's, watching as people filed in.

"Hey," someone said suddenly. I jumped, looking up and seeing Dylan smiling down at me. As always in Dylan's presence, I was instantly calm.

I smiled up at him, though the smile didn't quite reach my eyes. "Hey," I responded, watching him unpack his bag and sit down.

We had to pay attention to the teacher for a while, but we were soon set off on our own.

"I can't actually get into the library at lunch," Dylan said, "I have a hot date with a tutor." He said, grinning.

I smiled, frowning. "Tutor?" I asked, copying down the notes that Dylan had made for homework, pretending that I understood what they all meant.

He nodded, "a French tutor." He said, making me freeze. We both froze—Olivia Clark and Alessia Trent. I froze as Dylan referred to revision with the real Olivia Clark as a 'hot date', and Alessia froze at the idea that Dylan was unattainable.

How had I never known that Alessia felt this way about Dylan? It was so blatantly obvious.

Noticing me frozen, Dylan frowned, "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded quickly, "Absolutely fine." I told him.

I spent the lesson getting closer and closer to him. And not just bonding; I needed to be near Dylan. He was the only one who wasn't different around me when I was Alessia—well, not majorly different. Kiara and Johnny seem to hate Alessia, and Ked just appears too scared to approach her.

But Dylan doesn't hate Alessia, and he isn't scared of her. Alessia loves being around Dylan, even though it kills her heart to be. She gets cold and hot flashes and palpitations.

Alessia Trent has a crush on Dylan.

________________________________

we been knew

whew yo girl almost missed this update

(DID YOU LIKE IT, NEEDA START GIVING ME OPINIONS LADS)

I remembered quite late but had things to do so now it's later than quite late and it's a late update

do u get me

-no I don't got you

FABULOUS SONGS

Songs that played when I was writing this chapter (in order):
Low Light - Aquilo
Bury - Unions
Why'd You Bring a Shotgun to the Party - The Pretty Reckless
Losing You - Aquilo
Empire Of Our Own - RAIGN
One Thing Leads To Another - RAIGN
This World Of Ours - RAIGN
This Is The End - RAIGN
Motel - Meg Myers
Hard for a Man - Say Lou Lou

END OF FABULOUS SONGS

Date written:
02/09/18
03/09/18
(I was really out here writing this hella fast)

_____________
Next update: Saturday (probably)
_____________

CHAPTER TWELVE SPOILER:

With Alessia's dad's threat fresh in her mind, Olivia Clark has to find someone to help her for the night.

And she arrives at an unlikely solution, one with loud music and lots of alcohol.

🕊