Now You See Me

1. [the four have just met outside the locked door of the apartment room to which they were given Tarot card clues to visit]

Jack Wilder : No way. J. Daniel Atlas? Dude, I've seen everything that you have ever done. I mean, you're, like - I, I idolize you, seriously.

J.Daniel Atlas : A true fan. It's so nice to meet you.

[They shake hands]

Jack Wilder : I'm Jack, by the way.

Merritt McKinney: Question. Did you get one of these?

[Merritt holds up his Tarot card, and Jack fishes his own out of his pocket, grinning]

Jack Wilder : Yeah, oh, yeah. Death.

[They each hold up the cards they were given]

Henley Reeves: The High Priestess.

J.Daniel Atlas : I'm the Lover.

Henley Reeves: [covering her comment with a fake cough] Three minutes.

Merritt McKinney: Hermit.

Jack Wilder : So what are we - are we waiting for someone? Why, why are we just...?

[Everyone says, "The door's locked."]

Jack Wilder : Oh, no. Nothing, nothing's ever locked.

[Facial reactions while Jack, still bashful while using his tricks, unlocks the door]

2.  Alma: So. If you had nothing to do with it, then how did the playing card get into the vault? 

J. Atlas Daniel: Oh yes, that would be, uh... Hey, what do the kids call it these days? Oh yes, that's right, "magic".  

3. J. Atlas Daniel: First rule of magic: Always be the smartest guy in the room.

4. Alma: Is it magicians in general you have a problem with, or, specifically those guys? 

Dylan: Uhh. I could care less about magicians in general. What I hate is people who exploit other people. 

Alma: Exploit them how? *holds out cards for Dylan to pick* Try again 

Dylan: By taking advantage of their weaknesses, their need to believe in something that's unexplained, in order to uh, make their lives more bearable.

Alma: I see it as a strength. My life is happier when I believe that. *holds out King of Diamonds* Is this your card? 

Dylan: ...Yeah. 

Alma: Yeah? 

Dylan: Yeah. 

Alma: Cool. [Dylan smiles] That smile, on your face - is it real? 

Dylan: Maybe. 

Alma: So let me ask you, Mister Detective Man: do you feel exploited, or did you have maybe a tiny, tiny bit of fun?  

5.  J. Atlas Daniel: What is magic? Our argument: nothing but targeted deception. So I want you to look. Look as closely as possible. Because the tricks you are about to see may not seem connected. But we assure you they are. Is what follows one hundred different tricks? Or is it one, giant illusion?

6. Thaddeus: Showmanship and theatrics. When a magician waves his hand and says, "this is where the magic is happening", the real trick is happening somewhere else. Misdirection: A basic concept of magic.  

Dylan: I'm not interested in the concepts of magic. I wanna know how they robbed a bank.

Thaddeus: You're an idiot if you think they robbed a bank. But don't take my word for it. How about a trip to Paris? 

[Dylan gets set up on the teleporter just like the Frenchman in the show] 

Thaddeus: And, when you're ready to go to Paris, just say the magic word. 

Dylan: Blow me? 

Thaddeus: That'll suffice.  

7. Thaddeus: Seeing is believing, but is it truth? Depends on your point-of-view. Are you listening, horsemen? When you emerge, and you will, I will be there... waiting. Because mark my words, you will get what's coming to you... in ways you can't expect... but very much deserve. Because once thing I believe in is an eye for an eye.