Chapter One

" Coffee? " , Sakina asked.

For the third time.

Shaahid was keenly observing the walls of the house. They say, walls have a lot to tell about the kind of people living in a house.

" No, thank you so much.
My tongue won't change its choice, if you offer for the third time. I dislike coffee to the umpteenth time.

In fact I utterly dislike everything that's bitter. " , Shaahid made every point clear this time.

Sakina made a face that clearly indicated that she was hurt. But unfortunately Shaahid couldn't do a thing.

He only wished this didn't affect the new relationship he was going to be in with this woman, in her mid- thirties.

Of a tenant and a landlady.

" You sit then. I better stay indoors till bhai arrives. " , she got up finally from the chair with a broken handle.

Shaahid noticed, this house had everything in disorder. The wall had a clock that had stopped at 3 someday. The calender hadn't been changed since September 2016.

The bed Shaahid was asked to sit on had a cover that was smaller than the size of the bed.

However, Shaahid very well knew that his would-be-landlords weren't any BPL humans.
They had three showrooms that sold gold and silver.

It's just that, some houses had this issue. Nothing remained alright and in proper order.

" No, you may very well sit here. I can sit silently for hours. " , Shaahid tried to be humble.

" But I can't. Also I have exams tomorrow. You sit. " , Sakina replied quite firmly and went inside.

Shaahid realised he had hurt the woman by declining coffee for the third time.

He tried to gather, if the number 'three' , held any emotional trauma in her mind.

What if, she was ditched three times in love?
Or, if she failed three times in some test?

This brought his mind to the exams she just talked of.
A woman in her mid thirties, what exams could she possibly have?

Driving test?
Or cookery class exams?
Or was he really underrating her, and she was really into some higher studies? Though, it didn't vibe to him so, at all.

The main door opened with a screech.

Saajid bhai got in. Shaahid stood up.

Saajid bhai was known to be a very angry human. People hardly went near him if not in desperate need.

And Shaahid was exactly in a dead desperate situation.

Saajid bhai looked at him from the corner of his eyes and smiled through the corner of his lips.

Saajid bhai smiling meant good news. Shaahid thanked his stars.

" Sit sit, I actually was caught up with a disgusting client. " , he asked Shaahid to settle while opening his shoes.

" What's this, no one offered you tea? "

Saajid looked hell angry suddenly.

He went inside and Shaahid could well understand he was shouting at people inside.
For the half an hour he was in here, no one except Sakina was seen. But now it seemed there were more people inside.

Saajid stormed out after sometime with a cup of tea and some cookies. His cheeks had turned completely red, denoting immense anger.

" Ten servants and no one offers tea to the guest! "

" Sakina madam had offered coffee for three times. " , Shaahid uttered carefully.

" But I had informed all my servants that you hate coffee. " , Saajid settled down on the chair with a broken handle.

Shaahid was extremely surprised that neither was he offered to sit on the sofa, nor did hosts here do.

" Yes but, maybe you forgot to inform your sister. " , Shaahid said, sipping tea.

Saajid stared at the floor, frowning.

" Sakina doesn't attend guests ever. Don't know how she turned up to greet you today. "

Shaahid stayed silent. He was used to endure unusual happenings.

He cleared his throat.

" Errm, actually, Ummid Miya told that I can shift to your house tomorrow itself. Is it true? "

Saajid now looked into his eyes.
" First of all you tell me, is it true that you haven't paid the bills to the mess you stayed in for the last three years? "

Shaahid was extremely embarrassed.
He knew he would have to face this at least once.

" Actually I'm self employed. And hence don't get much of a salary, how do I pay bills....?

But I have got a new job, and I think I can pay your.... "

Saajid stopped him with a gesture of his hand.

" How did the owner of the mess keep you for three years without a single bill paid? "

" That's just because, some people like Raahat Miya, the mess owner, love me unconditionally....without much of a reason though...

His daughter is getting married, and for that he is selling the mess itself. Poor man, he was crying so badly, while I was crying even louder. "

Shaahid felt like crying once again, remembering the situation. But controlled with effort.

" Why were you crying? Did you forget that you have a Saajid Bhai alive? " , Saajid suddenly grew utterly emotional..

This astonished Shaahid beyond life. Because he had met this man just three days back, when another of his well wisher, Ummid Miya had taken him to this rich jeweller with three showrooms.

Anyways, he made a sad face and sat staring at Saajid. He had no option than being sympathetic to his would- be-landlords, till they chose to make him their would-be-tenant.

Saajid controlled his emotions and grew serious.

" Would you like to see the room once? It's in the second floor. "

" No Saajid bhai, I've full faith in you. I just need the keys. "

Saajid immediately got up and walked towards a key holder kept at the corner of the room.

Shaahid had already seen the holder, and guessed a small key to be the one to his room.
Making his guess right for the umpteenth time, Saajid picked up the exact key.

Walking towards him, he placed the key on his palm, and his hand on his shoulder.

" Shaahid bhai, I've heard a lot about you and your ways of life, your abilities.

I don't want a single payment for any of the services I provide to you.

Just one thing in return,

Heal my sister. I want her back. "

-----