"twenty three"

❛ the divine move. ❜

𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥. Her husband being the culprit of the attack as since the two got married, the werewolves couldn't keep their hand's off each other. Both adults chests were heaving heavily as they had just broken away from yet another heated kiss.

"I love you," Derek mumbled against his wife's lips before pressing his own against hers yet again. This one was a slightly more possessive kiss than before, tongues battling, and hands were grabbing anywhere they could. A low, whimpering moan escaped Morgan's lips which made Derek pull away as it brought him back to earth and made him hear the sudden banging come from downstairs.

Both werewolves groaned as they heard yet another crash from their downstairs part of the loft as their daughter had turned into quite the handful once she had finally finished with catching up on her real age. The blonde fifteen-year-old had bundles of energy within her and liked to cause a lot of trouble around the Hale loft, especially with her great uncle Peter who was still sticking around Beacon Hills after coming back for the wedding.

But apparently, the two most mischievous Hale relatives weren't the ones making all the noise as when Derek and Morgan had regained their postures and made their way downstairs, they came to find both Aiden and Ethan making the ruckus. The twins had been attacked by unknown hunters the night they got Nova back, and Allison died, and Derek having been in that situation before made both boys able to stay in the loft, so they were able to heal in peace.

Derek sighed in slight annoyance with the two brothers as all he wanted to do was be alone with his new wife and daughter, but since the nogitsune was still out there and had already killed one of his pack members, the werewolf knew that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

"You should be fine in a couple of hours unless whoever shot you manages to find you again," Derek concluded after checking up on Ethan's wound once again. In this time, Nova had made her way downstairs and joined her mom on the lofts couch, something which made Derek brightly smile as he loved seeing his two girls together.

"Lydia's with Scott. We need to go. I'm going to try and convince her to run and hide like any sane person would do." Aiden suddenly stated as he walked over to where his twin sat. The statement made Derek scoff slightly as he knew the banshee wouldn't do anything of the sorts as she loved the pack as her family.

"Lydia would never run and hide," Morgan spoke up from where she sat. The brunette had become quite close with the redheaded teen as the two had been texting about the wedding and such, which also definitely helped keep Lydia's mind off the death of her best friend.

"Because of Stiles?" Aiden replied rather harshly to the woman. The sharp tone of his voice made both Derek and Nova angry as both of the Hale's had slightly bad tempers when it came to their family, which then made Derek huff out in annoyance before putting both the twins in their place.

"Because of Scott. You've been trying to find a way into his pack, trying to earn his trust, trying to fight for him. You've had it wrong the whole time. You don't fight for a leader. You fight for a leader's cause. Scott's always been about one thing, saving his friends. He will do anything and everything to save the people he cares about. When there's no chance of winning, he keeps fighting. When all hope is lost, he finds another way, and when he's beaten down, he stands up again. You want to earn a place in his pack? You want redemption? Find another way to stand and fight." There was a moment of silence in the loft as the twins listened to Derek's powerful words, and as they began to leave to do what they thought was right, Nova spoke up.

"You go, dad!" The young blonde suddenly yelled out as she grinned happily at watching her dad be a badass. This made all four werewolves in the room stare at the small girl in astonishment as the moment was so serious, her comment seemed out of place. But this seemed the least of their worries as once the twins had shaken their heads in disbelief and left, Derek got a phone call from Scott stating they had a plan to take down the nogitsune finally.

As the man prepared to leave, Morgan couldn't help but have a sick feeling in the bottom of her stomach. She knew something would go wrong, so the brunette made an extra point of saying goodbye to her husband, who she knew she couldn't convince to stay no matter how guilty she felt asking him not to help out the pack.

But the woman knew how dedicated her husband was to the group of teens, and she would've gone and helped as well, but now Nova was here. She was her main priority.

"Come back to us. I love you, Derek Hale," Morgan mumbled as she pressed a gentle kiss to her husband's lips. The man had just said goodbye to his daughter, and Nova decided to leave the two alone as the siren also didn't want to see her father walk out the door and potentially not come back from the dangerous mission.

Derek smiled tenderly at his wife and pressed yet another kiss to her forehead. The man knew how dangerous the Oni were, but he promised himself he would come back to his two girls, and they could finally live happily ever after once all the threats had been dealt with.

"I love you too, Morgan Hale."

o. 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞.