"five"

❛ two beating hearts instead of one. ❜

𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐝, well in Peter Hale's eyes, that was

Over the last few months of his nephews and Morgans relationship, he had taken a liking to the small brunette girl. This had made him feel extremely jealous that Derek had found the love of his life whilst the slightly older Hale boy had only been through heartbreak.

The only way Peter could think of getting the girl to love him was to give Morgan the bite, as he felt she would hopefully see through all of Derek's insecurities and finally realise that she wanted him. But obviously, Peter was young and didn't think of the possibility of her death when he drilled the idea into Derek's head. He had convinced his younger nephew it was to save the two teens relationship, and even though Derek was incredibly against it, Peter was pretty persuasive, which was why the couple was where they were right now.

Derek had slipped a note in Morgan's locker to meet him in their school after hours. It excited the girl as she wasn't this rebellious, but it seemed like the brunettes logical brain wasn't working when it came to Derek.

"Derek?" Morgan gently called out once she was in the abandoned hallway. She was now feeling slightly scared as she never enjoyed the darkness, but that seemed like the least of her worries as once the girl slowly walked down the hallway, a large man came from around the corner, and her life seemed to go in slow motion.

Morgan didn't even have time to run before the creature like thing was on top of her. His fangs and claws seemed inhuman to the girl, which made her scream out in fear. From down the hallway, Derek squeezed his eyes in pain as he heard the girls cries, but once they stopped, he finally got up and sprinted down the hallway to find his one true love and stop her from getting the werewolf bite - But Derek was too late as the small girl had already been bitten.

Both teens sobbed as the boy tried to heal his girlfriend, but nothing seemed to be working, and she was loosing too much blood. Derek didn't know what to do, so in the erratic state he was in, he picked up his love and brought her to the one place he knew where she'd be safe - the nemeton.

It was an underground bunker of some sorts. The tree roots were on show, and it was the one place where Derek was told to hide from the hunters and always ended up safe there, so that's where he took Morgan. 

As Derek desperately tried to save his one true love, he didn't notice that Peter watched on from the shadows in horror at seeing the girl he loved die. This wasn't his plan. Morgan was supposed to live as a werewolf and then want Peter as hers, not Derek. But the bite was just too much for the young girl, and as she took her last few breaths, she mumbled out something to her boyfriend.

"I knew," Morgan whispered out. She had put together all the little things her boyfriend did, such as hearing things she couldn't, smelling inhumanly impossible things, but the brunette still adored him no matter what he was.

"And you still liked me?" Derek cried out as he heard the girl's heartbeat slow down. He couldn't have Morgan die; she was the only person he has and would ever love.

"I loved you." Was the last thing Morgan mumbled out before she took her last breath on this earth. Derek's eyes shone a bright blue as she passed away in his arms, and the teen couldn't seem to handle it as he quickly got up and sprinted away from his girl.

But what neither of the Hale boys noticed as they cried together in the forest over Morgan Matthews' death is that her heart began to beat again, but this time, instead of one heartbeat present - there was two.

o. 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞.