"nineteen"

❛ the wolf and the fox. ❜

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐥𝐲

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐮𝐩 𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐥𝐲. After the family of three finally got to sleep after the small celebration of the two adults engagement - which just consisted of cuddling on their couch and eating Chinese.

It seemed like the small newborn baby was now as big as a one-year-old toddler. Of course, it scared both parents massively when they woke up as their baby girl was now a lot bigger, but they soon calmed down when they remembered the same had happened to Morgan when her spell was lifted.

But since Nova was conceived nearly fourteen years ago, the two parents just hoped that their child's ageing would not be as fast as they didn't want a grumpy and rebellious teenager around the house when Stiles and the nogitsune were still on the loose. This was mainly why Derek was now reluctant to leave his two girls yet again that morning, but Sheriff Stilinski had called the man saying he had come up with a plan to finally finish the nogitsune, which made the werewolf agree to help as all he wanted to do was keep his girls safe.

"Derek, I swear we'll be safe, and I know how to dial nine one one." Morgan pouted when her fiancé tried to ring up his uncle yet again to look after the two girls. Peter had disappeared a few days ago after the revaluation of his daughter came out, but no one said anything about it because it was usual for the man to leave unannounced.

"Yeah, I know that, babe, but we live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the cops." The man pointed out as his uncle's number went straight to voicemail again. It's not that Derek didn't think his girl could look after herself and their baby, but he would feel a lot better leaving them alone if he knew someone else was with them.

But time was running out, and Stiles had now attacked Kira's dad, so the werewolf had to reluctantly - yet again - leave his family behind. Once the woman's fiancé walked out of the loft's door, Morgan regretted letting him go as she now felt utterly bored. Nova had fallen asleep, and since the brunette only was friends with the pack who were preoccupied with Stiles, the woman had nothing to do at all.

She considered taking the baby on a stroll but decided against it as Derek had made sure she promised him that she wasn't going to leave the safety of the loft. Whilst Morgan tried to find something to do, Derek was on the other side of Beacon Hills trying to find a mass murderer who had taken over the body of a teenage boy.

Derek, the sheriff, Chris and Allison, had just made it to the Argents apartment. They had a plan to get to Stiles, which consisted of the werewolf and the hunter going to Eichen House whilst the other two headed to the hospital, which was the two most common places that Stiles would turn up at. At this moment, the four looked down at all the non-lethal weaponry that Noah Stilinski decided to speak up.

"Listen, I'll understand if anyone wants to back out." Sadly, the sheriff stated as he looked around at the three people trying to help the man find Stiles and save him. Derek paused for a moment as he thought about his small family but then swiftly shook his head.

"You helped look after my two girls in the nemeton. I'm helping you find Stiles." the werewolf seriously spoke out as he began to load the weapons into his pockets. The pack who stood around the normally brooding man were all shocked at the werewolf's statement but were still immensely thankful at the same time.

Both fathers soon made their way to Eichen house to find the teen boy, but as soon as they stepped into the building, they got a phone call from the sheriff saying that his son was back in Beacon Hills, the Stilinski household. Once inside the small house, the four situated themselves in the teen's messy bedroom in which the main prominent thing in the room was the chessboard that Stiles had used to show the sheriff how the supernatural worked.

"You think there's any reason my name's on the king?" Derek somewhat questioned the sheriff. The chessboard was set out in an odd order, and many sticky notes were placed on top of each piece. The only thing that Noah realised was out of place was that the queen now had a name on the piece.

"Well, you're heavily guarded, and Morgan's your queen, though I guess the alarming detail is that you're one move from being in checkmate." The sheriff concluded, which then left an uncomfortable feeling in Derek's stomach. He always thought that his girl wasn't involved in all of this, even though being a supernatural herself. When the man felt a pounding in his head, he knew something was wrong, and Allison seemed to confirm that.

"He's at the loft."

The words the young hunter spoke made Derek growl out loudly in protectiveness as it was where his family was. The man had fully transformed into his werewolf state when the Sheriff concluded that he would see his son alone. That's when Chris had to step in and use one of his weapons to semi paralyse the angry werewolf as she knew they weren't going to get anywhere, with Derek nearly wanting to rip everyone insights head off.

"Did you really have to use the lightsaber on him?" The sheriff grumpily asked after he watched the werewolf fall to the ground in pain. Chris just shrugged his shoulders, but what the three didn't realise as they sorted out a plan to get to the loft, which didn't involve a full werewolf Derek, that Morgan had also phased into her supernatural state.

It had been a couple of hours since the woman's fiancé left to help find Stiles when a loud knocking came from the doors loft. Morgan reluctantly went to open it when she sniffed the scent. She didn't recognise it, so like the naive girl she was, the brunette opened the door.

She came to find a pale-looking teenager whose name was Stiles, it shocked the girl at first as she knew he was supposed to be dangerous, but the initial shock soon turned to anger as once Stiles had stepped inside the loft. He used his nogitsune power so shove the woman across the large room and crash into the wall. As soon as the mother heard Nova let out a small wail from next door, the werewolf went straight into protective mode as soon her fangs and claws come out on show.

"Wow, claws, how scary." Stiles smirked as he watched the woman slowly stand up from where he threw her over to a wall. The nogitsune didn't plan on hurting either of Derek's girls, but the creature was a trickster, so as he waited for Stiles dad to get to the loft, he thought he might as well have some fun with the woman.

Morgan knew it wasn't the typical awkward teen that she knew, but it didn't stop her from attacking the boy when he made a move towards the room where her child still cried.

Stiles just laughed in the woman's face as she pushed against him whilst growling, but the nogitsune soon got bored of fighting as he finally ended the battle by shoving the werewolf harshly against the wall yet again, but this time it knocked her out.

The teen then walked over to where he heard the small baby crying. There, Nova lay in her crib whilst wailing, but as soon as she saw the unknown teen walk into her room, the babies crying quickly stopped. The nogitsune was intrigued by the pack mother's child as it knew that neither of them knew what they truly were. It knew that Morgan didn't realise that all her pack saw her as their mother or why Nova's scent didn't smell of one of human or werewolf, but what it did know was that the baby was going to big things in the supernatural world, and that's why he gently caressed the baby's face and whispered out to her.

"Hello there, my little siren."

o. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫.