And she was so good at it, that it was almost as if she had been a wolf for years.

Melanie waved Issac goodbye, as her, Payton and the other shewolves stepped out of the house.

"You know," Nut paused, "He really loves you. It's actually quite incredible considering you two aren't mates."

Melanie climbed in the front seat of Payton's car, turning to face Nutmeg.

"You know, Knoll said something similar to that. But I still have no clue what a mate is," Melanie replied.

Jess cut Nutmeg off before she could answer. She loved explaining the story of mates.

"It's basically someone that you're destined to be with. Like everything you do and they do is for each other. They're your best friend and lover, and supposedly every wolf has one."

But instead of making Melanie understand, it made her question it even more. She only questioned for one reason, and that was because of Issac.

"Well what about Issac? You say that we aren't mates, so what if he finds his mate? Or what if I find mine?"

Jess looked at Nutmeg, and the both of them shrugged.

"That's where I'm confused too," Nutmeg said, "Because you two already act like mates. But you aren't. And that's so rare to see."

Melanie stared for a little bit longer at Nut and Jess, before she turned back to face the road. She didn't understand why her and Issac's love life was so fascinating to them, but she just let it go.

She remained quiet for the rest of the time until they arrived at the school. She parted ways with Jess and Nut, and stuck next to Payton.

They walked side by side through the doors, stopping at their usual place to talk, which was next to their lockers.

"So, tell me about Issac," Payton said. She received a weird look from Melanie, who figured Payton knew everything.

"Like what?" Melanie countered, grabbing her books out of her locker. She glanced at Payton, who's face said exactly what she was thinking.

"How about you start with when you two started fucking," She responded. Melanie snapped her head at Payton, who had her eyebrows pulled up. She had known about Melanie and Issac's secret love sessions for a while, and she was more curious as to why Melanie didn't tell her.

"You remember that night I ran off to go find the wraith?" Melanie asked, receiving a nod from Payton. "That's when it happened, well at least that's when it first happened."

Payton nodded slowly, as if she was still waiting for a better explanation.

"I didn't say anything cause I wanted to keep it private, you know Joe never let me have the pleasures of privacy. He'd always bragged to his friends about it," Melanie paused, "So I guess I just wanted it to be different this time."

Payton and Melanie stared at each other, and it was easy to tell when Payton accepted that answer. She understood now why her best friend didn't tell her, and she understood that it wasn't her place to know.

Before either of the girls could say anything else, a figure stood in front of them. They both look to see the scrawny boy from the game, the one that was obsessing over Issac's shoes.

"Hey, Melanie." He'd greeted, smiling nervously. "Remember me from the game?" He asked, and Melanie nodded.

She didn't know why he'd randomly approached her, and wasn't bothering to greet Payton. Maybe he had a crush on her?

"Yeah, but I don't think you ever told me your name." Melanie replied, shooting a quick look at Payton.

"Oh, it's Jack. Jack Tippet."

The boy, Jack, seemed extra chirpy. But beneath all of that energy, there was something weird that Melanie felt. She pushed it away though, just so she didn't act like a weirdo around this boy.

"Well, nice to meet you Jack," Melanie said, "But is there something that you needed?"

Melanie didn't mean to sound rude, and she really tried to sound like she was being friendly.

Jack didn't seem fazed though, he just laughed a bit.

"I just wanted to say hello," He said. There was an awkward silence that filled the space around them, and thankfully Payton was there to break it.

"Well, I'm sure Melanie would love to talk, but she needs to copy my notes for calculus."

Melanie shot a grateful look at Payton, before turning back to Jack to smile.

"Yeah, it was really nice to meet you again." Melanie said, and Jack nodded. He stared at Melanie for a bit longer, long enough for Melanie to catch something in his eyes.

She watched as he turned away, and as time seem to slow down around her. She knew something was off about this kid, and she knew that she recognized him from somewhere other than the game.

"Melanie," Payton said, "What is it?"

Melanie just held up a hand, letting Payton know that she needed a minute. She was slowly catching on to what was happening.

But when Melanie did, she was horrified.

The boy, Jack Tippet, shared the same eyes as the beast from the game. He shared the same energy and the same dangerous look.

She looked towards Payton with widened eyes, and a shortness of breath.

Finally after a minute of coming to terms with what was happening, she was able to speak.

"It's Jack," She said, "He's the Chimera."

Ohhh smart Melanie, leave some feedback!! I love reading your comments :)