Tungsten

Soo wattpad's been glitching tf out I see...But anyways I hope everyone's doing great other than that. I start school on Tuesday and I think I might actually die.
*
I was also wondering if everyone who comes across this could add this story to their reading lists, it helps promote the story!! Also please vote if you can! It takes one second!!
*
Aside from that, hope you like the chapter.
*
Melanie awoke with one of the worst headaches that she'd ever had. It felt like she'd been shot in the head around twenty times.

She woke to see Issac, who sat at the foot of the bed, looking beyond tired.

"Issac," Melanie croaked. Her throat felt incredibly dry, to the point that it was extremely painful.

Issac looked at her, his baggy eyes lighting up with relief and happiness.

"I'm right here," He said. He inched closer to her on the bed, so he could be there to tend to her needs.

"What happened?" Melanie asked, the memory of last night seeming very foggy to her. She couldn't remember what quite happened, or who or what was there.

"Something hurt you," He answered, "Something hurt you so much that you've been blacked out for two days now."

Melanie's eyes widened, before the memories finally came flooding back. She looked at Issac, hand over her mouth and tears filling her eyes.

"Issac, people are dead." She said, choking on a sob, "This beast, it killed them all."

Issac nodded, lightly guiding Melanie to sit up. She felt him pull her into a hug, which she really needed. Melanie noticed how sore she was, but she didn't bother to ask.

"We know," Issac paused, "The whole school knows about the bodies. But so far, they think that some homicidal killer is on the loose. But I know you saw what did it. So Melanie, you need to describe what you saw.

Melanie however, didn't have to describe it. Something in her mind kept yelling out a name, and it was the name of what did it.

"Chimera."

Issac's calm expression morphed into one of sheer terror, and his naturally tan skin turned pale.

"Are you positive?" Issac asked, praying that it was anything else. He'd rather deal with another crazy wraith or even another dragon, but the Chimera was a whole different story. That was one of the few creatures that could petrify Issac.

Melanie nodded, hesitantly. She picked up on Issac's fear, which put fear into her too.

Issac shouted out Knoll's name, knowing that Knoll would want to know this information too. After all, he would have to be the one that dealt with it.

Knoll came up in a hurry, the worry leaving his face when he saw the Melanie was awake. However, his worry was shortly replaced by more worry, when he saw Issac's fearful face.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking between Mel and Issac. Issac hesitated to tell him, not knowing whether Knoll would be down right pissed or scared out of his mind.

"It's the Chimera," Issac said, "Melanie said that's what she saw."

Knoll's expression froze for a second, his eyes going void of any emotion. And then they filled with both anger and fear.

"How the hell did that get here?" He spit, "The last known Chimera that was living died three hundred years ago. And you're telling me that you saw one last night."

Melanie and Knoll stared at each other, and then Melanie nodded. Surely and without a doubt, she nodded.

Knoll let out a loud string of curse words, which everyone who was downstairs heard. However, they pretended not to hear it just to avoid the awkward tension.