'I'm good Karev. Mark, I'll be back soon for an explanation. Karev will show you where the x-ray is.' Grace went to the door and then paused to look back. 'Oh and Karev?' The intern looked at her. 'Take care of him, otherwise you'll get first-hand knowledge of why I'm called Nature. We clear?'

Karev nodded nervously. 'Crystal.'
____________________________________________

Grace went back to the examination room where Mark was in, only to find it empty, with only a couple of x-rays left behind.

'Olivia?' Grace called as the nurse passed by. 'Did you see where Karev went with my friend?'

'Oh, I think I heard them talking about the dysplasia case, Doctor Mason.'

'Of course you did,' Grace said with a roll of her eyes. 'Thanks Olivia.' She headed off to find the two AWOL Doctors.

Up a couple of floors, Grace almost got bowled over by George, Yang and Karev. All of them shouting apologies as they went.

'Damn Rosemary's babies,' Grace said under her breath as she stopped at the walkway that looked into Richard's office, having been pointed that way by a nurse.

She could see that Richard was not happy about Mark's presence in his hospital. But Grace knew that despite his personal feelings, the Chief would do what was best for the hospital, Mark would get his opportunity to talk with the parents.

Just as the boys were leaving Richard's office, Grace saw Addie approaching form the opposite direction. Grace stayed where she was, knowing the confrontation had to happen eventually.

She them all stop and then Derek turned and came back in her direction.

He saw her ahead but at least he kept walking, even if he was tense. He just walked past her though.

'Really Derek?' She called out, making him stop. 'Mark turns up and the friendship we've started to build just disappears?'

'Do you plan on being friends with him?' Derek asked as he walked back slightly. 'Never mind, we both know the answer to that.'

Grace shook her head in disappointment. 'We've been friends for seventeen years; he's been there for…everything for me. You can't expect me to give up on that.'

'But you can't expect me to be friends with you while you're friends with – '

'Why not? You have been for the last month.' Grace said as she threw her hands up. 'Or did you think I stopped talking to him? Because I didn't. I talk to him every day, even if it's just a few texts.'

'I'm not listening to this.' Derek walked off but Grace followed him this time.

'Why are you so willing to damn him, without even trying to forgive like you are with Addie? It's why he's being such a jackass you know.'

Derek whirled round. 'Stop it, Mason! Just…stop.'

'I can't,' Grace said quietly. 'I'm the one they both cry to.' She turned and walked off without waiting for a response.

Later Grace was stood in the observation room, holding her godson while they watched Derek do his part of the operation on Jake. Beside her, Miranda was talking to William, describing every step of the operation as it happened.