Chapter Nine

3.1415926-noonecaresaboutpijustkiddingmathisfunIneedtotypeuntiltheedgeofthecomputerscreenwithoutgoingoverthisisgoingtobehardwithoutanyspacesdone!

Before this chapter starts, has anyone seen the music video to "Can I Exist" by Missio? It's really sad. Racism is dumb, we're all human, why hate other people because of the way they look?! It's stupid! I met the funniest guy the other day, he works with my mom, and he's the funniest, sassiest, gayest person I've ever met XD He's African American and I couldn't help but think about how he would be treated a long time ago, being gay and black in America? Anyways, chapter, before I get all angry because of fucking racist people.

Jason's POV

We laughed for a while, all standing, before I realized something. "Where'd Annabeth go?" I asked, looking around. She wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Percy let out a soft, terrified squeak and jumped into my arms, burying his face in the crook of my neck. "Protect me, please?" He whispered, his playful demeanor gone, and immediately filled with terror.

"I won't let you down until she's found. I promise you." I promised. He seemed to losen a bit in my arms, but he was still tense. "You're safe with me, okay?"

He nodded slightly, his hands gripping my shoulder and the back of my neck tightly. "Alright, can't the gods just like, put her on jumbo screen?" Thalia asked, looking over at our parents. Zeus seemed slightly uncomfortable, glancing at Percy and I uneasily, but nodded. The screen flickered to life and it showed Annabeth in the Hecate cabin, talking with one of the few kids in the cabin. "-Just need you to create the illusion for tonight." Annabeth finished her sentence, though I didn't know what came before that.

The girl looked at Annabeth in disgust before slapping her across the face. "You're a bitch, you know that? No wonder everyone's calling you Annabitch these days! You're just a slutty bitch these days! We know what you did you Percy, and everyone hates you for it. You know he's having nightmares about what you did? And now you me to create an illusion to make it look like Jason's cheating on Percy so that Percy will come, come crawling back to you?! You make me sick!" The girl shoved Annabeth out of the cabin and slammed the door in her face. Annabeth scowled at the door and spun on her heels, stalking towards the Athena cabin.

Once she knocked on the door, it was answered by Malcom. "Hey Malcom!" Annabeth greeted cheerily.

Malcom smiled, took a step back as if inviting her in, then slammed the door in her face. "You're a disgrace to the Athena cabin, go back to California Annabeth, no one wants you here." He growled through the door. Annabeth growled and kicked the door, turning on her heels and storming away.

"I swear, I hate Percy. He fucking ruined my reputation! Maybe... Just maybe... He'll like it if I do it again... He was only in shock, yeah, that's it, he wasn't expecting it, so it scared him. There's no reason Percy wouldn't want to have sex with me."

Percy's grip tightened on me and I held him closer. "I won't let her within twenty feet of you. I promise." I whispered, rubbing his back soothingly.

"O-Okay..." He whimpered, and I could feel his eyes pinching shut tightly, like he was bracing for something, then he was out like a light.

"Erm, Poseidon, father, could I stay with Percy in lord Poseidon's cabin?" I asked, looking up at both of them.

Zeus scratched his beard. "I suppose it's up to Poseidon. I don't care."

I looked over at Poseidon, who smiled at me. "Make my son happy again for me, okay?" I smiled and closed my eyes as a blinding flash surrounded us. When we landed, we were all in the Poseidon cabin.

Piper winked at me. "I told you." I could feel my face go red, and Percy shifted his weight in my arms a little bit.

I gently set Percy down on the bed, facing the wall, and covered him up. I sighed, exhausted, and sat down in the edge of Percy's bed. I took off my shoes, throwing them into a small pile of shoes by the door along with the rest of the seven's. "This was an exhausting day," I said with a sigh.

"No kidding," Nico muttered, climbing up the ladder to the bunk above Tysons. "This is... Ugh. I feel so terrible for Percy."

Everyone nodded and an awkward silence settled over the room like a heavy fog. "So..." Leo cleared his throat. "You like Percy?"

I flushed. "I guess I do. Yeah."

"Awe! I ship it," Piper said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes and everyone quietly laughed. I looked down at Percy, my smiled fading as I brushed some hair from his slightly pained looking face.

I sighed and leaned down, gently kissing his cool, salty lips. Like when the ocean sprays a peaceful mist over your face on a hot day. "I'm going to sleep, I'm tired, you guys can... You can do whatever," I said, laying down with my back to Percys side. 

Everyone nodded. "We'll probably just hang around," Thalia said, fixing her hair in Percys mirror.

Everyone nodded in agreement. "We could just go to the big house or something," Leo suggested.

After a while, they all agreed to go play a couple rounds of pool at the big house. "Bye Jason, keep Percy safe for all of our sake," Thalia ordered, her eyebrows furrowing slightly as she left, muttering something under her breath.

Nico was the last one out. "Seriously," he said, turning around to face Percy and I. "Keep him safe, alright? I'm not sure he can take another... Incident." With that, Nico left, shutting the door behind him.

I sighed and I heard a soft whimper before two things wrapped around my waist. I could feel Percys chest press against my back, his legs randomly tangling in mine. "Percy?" I asked. No answer.

I repeated his name once more and he once again didn't answer. Assuming he was sleep, I relaxed and closed my eyes, resting my hands over his. "Good night Percy. I love you."