Chapter Six

Whenever I don't know which story to update, I go to LadyNightlight and she tells me what to update. This was her choice, so enjoy!

Jason's POV

      "Um..." Was Nico and I's intelligent response. 

      "Jason?" Percy asked somewhat coldly. "Nico? Anything you'd like to tell me?"

      "Err..." I muttered nervously. "No?"

      "I think you mean yes." Percy corrected, his voice flat with no emotion.

      "Um..." I muttered. Nico looked at the door, then at me. Then stepped into the shadows.

      "Dont' you dare-" It was too late, though, as Nico shadow traveled out of the cabin.

      "Jason?" Percy repeated, stepping out of the bathroom. "Tell me the truth. Did you or did you not go through my stuff?"

       His eyes were cold. His fists were clenched, as well as his jaw. "I mean... I did... I didn't.... I didn't really GO through your stuff... I just found a switch.... And, you know, I was curious.... So I turned it... And... Erm..." I stammered nervously.

      Percy's left eye twitched slightly as he took a deep breath. "Hold on." He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths.

      "JASON GRACE WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING GOING THROUGH MY STUFF WITHOUT MY PERMISSION DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD IT IS FOR ANYONE TO FIND OUT AND NICO KNOWING TOO IS EVEN WORSE BECAUSE TWO PEOPLE KNOW! DO YOU KNOW HOW HORRIFYING THAT IS?!" Percy screamed at me, then started to pace back and forth.

        "Um.... Why's it bad..?" I asked cautiously.

        "Every reason, Jason! Do you NOT understand how terrible this is!?" He yelled, still pacing in the same spot.

        "I mean, it's terrible for me and Nico because we were horrified. We don't want you to feel like... Like you need to do... Do that. We didn't want you to feel depressed or, or alone. We want you to feel how you deserve to feel Percy." I whispered. It hurt to see Percy like this, pacing back and forth, frantic, like a trapped animal trying to find its way out.

       "Feel how I deserve?" Percy snapped, suddenly stopping and staring at me with his sea green eyes. "I don't deserve anything." his eyes hardened, his lips pursed tightly.

       "How could you even think that?" I asked softly. "Percy, you deserve more than anyone at camp does."

       "Why do I deserve it? I haven't even... I'm not a savior Jason.." He whispered. He leaned his back against the wall and started to slide down it, his eyes visibly more moist than they should be. 

        "Why not?" I asked softly, walking over so I was about two feet in front of him. "Why do you think you're not a savior?"

        He blinked a few times, looking down at his lap. "I failed... At so many things... Jason, you don't even want to know... I'm not a savior Jason, I'm... I'm..." He took a deep breath. "I'm a cruel person..."

       "How could you even think that?" I asked, kneeling down in front of him. "You're an amazing, caring, loyal, kind and hilarious person Percy."

       Percy shook his head and I was a tear slowly start to fall down his face. "Do you know why Nico hated me?" I shook my head no. Was it because Nico liked him?

        "I promised... I promised to protect his sister, Bianca, who was all he had left." Another tear fell down his face. "And on the quest... She died because of me Jason. The same thing with everyone else. Beckendorf, Lee Fletcher, Selina Beauregard..." His breathing hitched, which I realized was actually a sob, and his head hung lower so I couldn't see his face at all. "Luke Castellan. They all died because... Because I couldn't save them. Jason, it should have been me!" He screamed. "I should have died! They deserve to be alive! I don't!"