56.

so y'know how i said it wouldn't take me a month to update? sorry it took me a month to update

"guys! you didn't," patrick gasped, looking around at his friends scattered around the room, and all of them grinning back.

"course we did," pete said, stepping out from behind a table he'd been behind and wrapping his boyfriend in a hug. mikey joined in soon after, and before they knew it everyone was in a huge clump in the middle of the living room, with pat and tyler in the middle.

"c'mon, let's give our special boys some space," melanie said, pulling away from the pile of friends. everyone else followed behind her, moving back to look at tyler and patrick who both had smiles so wide it looked like it hurt.

"what d'you wanna do first guys?" mikey asked the two, pointing around the room at a couple activities.

"we got you presents!" frank gasped, clapping their hands excitedly. "wanna open them?"

"mm is that a cake i see?" tyler asked sheepishly instead, glancing around the bundle of people in front of him to look over at the table set up with all the food that had been brought.

"maybeee," mel grinned at him, her crooked teeth showing through the smile.

"can we maybe do that first?" he questioned, turning to josh to double check that was alright.

"you wanna do the cake?" brendon burst out laughing, earning a gentle smack from ryan.

"i'll grab a knife to cut some, yeah," pete said, ignoring brendon's comment. "mikes, could you help by bringing out some plates?" he earned a nod from mikey in response, and the two headed off to get what was necessary for the cake.

it didn't take long for the two to return, and pete immediately set to cutting pieces for everyone while mikey held plates. once everyone had a piece, patrick spoke up.

"so this is patler day, yeah?"

"yep," gerard responded, popping the p.

"and that means i get to do whatever i want, right?" he asked innocently.

"as long as it's not illegal baby," pete told him, focusing more on his food than what his boyfriend was doing.

"well in that case..." he didn't finish his sentence, instead shoving his face into his piece of cake, getting a few splatters of icing on the floor around him. a few moments later he lifted it out and spun around to smile at tyler, who in turn started laughing.

"patty, it's all over the place," he giggled, covering his mouth with one hand so the mouthful of cake he'd just put inside wouldn't fall out.

"but y'know where i didn't get it?" patrick told him, making tyler give him a confused look.

"riiight here," he laughing, flipping tyler's plate up so it landed on his face. the boy started to let out a shocked gasp, but it was quickly muffled by a face full of vanilla cake and icing.

(MY PHONE CHANGED FACE FULL TO FACEFUCKED IM CRYING WHY IS THAT EVEN IN THERE)

"patrick!" he exclaimed once he'd taken his food off his face, trying his best to sound angry. it was hard to take him seriously though, with sticky icing and chunks of cake glued to his features. his frown made a piece fall to the ground, and brendon was quick to snatch it up and eat it, earning a disgusted look from his boyfriend.

"wouldn't wanna waste it," bren mumbled, licking the frosting off his fingers and trying to ignore the roll of ryan's eyes at his comment.

it didn't take long for everyone to finish (it was cake after all, it got devoured) and after all their plates had been cleared it was impossible to avoid frank now shoving the gifts into patler's faces (not that they minded).

everyone sat in a circle with tyler and pat at the head, the bag of presents now between them and huge smiles on their faces as they sorted through it to find their own parcels. before long they each had a small pile in front of them and were ready to start tearing off the paper.

the first thing tyler held up was a huge package of pixie stix, causing josh to let out a groan because now he had to deal with a hyper tyler all night and how was he supposed to ever get the boy to sleep? patrick on the other hand had gotten a scrapbook filled with pictures of him and pete, which he immediately started flipping through.

"uh, how did you get all those pictures of us?" pete asked frerard suspiciously as he looked at the collection, an angry frown taking over his face as they both slowly turned to look at melanie. she sent him an innocent grin, and couldn't help but giggle as the emo god mumbled in what he hoped was a menacing voice, "i'll deal with you later."

the rest off the present opening went considerably better. tyler had received a (kind of cheap) ukulele, while patrick got a harmonica, and each of them got a kazoo just because frank and gee knew it would drive the boys' boyfriends up the wall. the two of them got cute socks because frank deemed them a necessary gift for the two (cute socks are my favourite thing in the whole world guys you don't understand). there were a few other little odds and ends as well, and by the end they both had identical looking packages in their piles and an excited looking frank before them grinning and clapping their hands in anticipation

"open them open them open them," they chanted excitedly, nudging the poorly wrapped gifts towards the friends.

"three, two... one!" halsey counted down once they both held their presents, and as she reached one they both tore into the wrapping paper. both boys let out noises of excitement as they saw what was underneath, and all the friends let out quiet 'aww's.

unfortunately for you, the author's lazy though, so you aren't gonna find out what it is til the next chapter :)