14.

A/N I was told to make the trip to Josh's house an irl chapter instead of just Kik so here we go

Patrick's Pov (sorta (now that I've written the chapter it really isn't but oh well)):

"Hurry up Pete!" Patrick called into the almost empty house. He was in a huge rush to get out of the creepy place, but Pete had insisted upon brushing his teeth and hair before they left.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," he called back, his steps echoing through the house as he bounced down the stairs and came to a stop in front of Patrick. They looked at another slightly awkwardly for a moment before Pete gestured behind his friend and muttered, "need to get my shoes."

Patrick quickly stepped out of the way and watched as Pete bent down to tie his shoes before opening the closet beside him to get his jacket. Grinning, Patrick pushed Pete gently into the closet and shut the door behind him.

"Ha! You're back in the closet!"

"What th- wait, what? No! Not that! Not again!" Pete screamed in mock terror, struggling to contain laughter.

Giggling, Patrick reopened the closet, but Pete didn't leave. "Pete?" he asked, peeking his head in. Suddenly, he bursted out from behind a layer of coats and shouted, "boo!", causing the already jumpy Patrick to fall backwards and land on his butt.

"Ha! Got you!" Pete laughed, holding out a hand to help his embarrassed friend up.

"Shut up," Patrick pouted, his face red as he reached up and grabbed Pete's hand. Instead of using it to help himself up, however, he simply pulled the other down with him, causing Pete to fall on top of him.

By this point they were too weak from laughter to try and get up, so they just stayed like that for a few minutes until they had both calmed down a bit. Finally, Pete got up and went back to the closet to fetch his coat.

"Ready to go?" Patrick asked. Pete nodded in response and opened the door before walking outside and around to the other side to hold it open.

"What a gentleman," Patrick joked as he walked out the door. Pete just stuck out his tongue and closed the door behind him, locking it first.

"Are we walking or driving?" Patrick asked, looking over at Pete's car.

"I don't know, what do you wanna do?" he asked back, not really caring either way.

"I think we should walk," Patrick told his friend, looking at him to make sure he was fine with it.

"Sure thing," Pete told him, and started making his way to the end of the drive way.

*time skip to when they're maybe halfway there*

"This was a mistake," Patrick panted as they trudged their way up yet another hill.

"You just spend too much time on your ass scrolling through the Internet," Pete joked.

"Shut up," Patrick said, gently hitting his arm. Pete playfully punched him back before sighing and saying, "we're only, like, halfway there. Do you want a piggyback ride or something?"

"Really?" Patrick asked, his eyes lighting up at the prospect of not having to walk any further.

"Sure, hop on," Pete offered, leaning down so it was easier to do so.

"Thanks Pete," he told him, his voice muffled due to the fact that it was stuffed in the crook of his friend's neck. He wrapped his legs around Pete's torso and clung onto his shoulders for dear life as they continued on their way to Josh's house.