Chapter One

"Perrie!"

"Perrie, over here!"

"Crack a smile, love!"

The endless shouts of paparazzi and fans filled my eardrums as I made my way towards the entrance of the arena. I shoved several people out the way, not really giving a shit as to who they were.

I finally made my way to the door, shoving it open and slamming it shut as soon as I stepped inside. I could hear the loud complaints from the people on the other side of the door, and the merciless pounding of fists against the strong metal.

"Good afternoon, I trust that you had a safe journey?" my assistant greeted me, handing a can of beer.

I shrugged off my leather jacket, she caught it instantly and swung it over her arm.

"Safe journey I guess, but them fucking paps are everywhere" I grunted "Thanks though".

I looked her up and down. Her name was Jesy, she's been my assistant for roughly 6 months now. I never keep my assistants for very long, simply for the reason that I sleep with them and they become overly-attached.

I plan on keeping Jesy for a while, she's the only one who makes it clear that she isn't interested in a relationship. Just meaningless sex.

We match up in many ways, neither of us being very commited. Only to our work and sex, the only exceptions.

"Well maybe I can help you release some of that anger?" she suggested, with a sly wink and smile.

I chuckled gently under my breath, sending a wink straight back at her in return as I chewed absentmindedly on my lower lip.

"Maybe you can Ms. Nelson, but right now I have to get ready. But lets see if I'm still angry later" I said slowly, knowing that I had teased her.

"Whatever is necessary Perrie" she confirmed as I began to walk towards my dressing room.

I stopped in my movements, a sly grin creeping its way up my face as I spun around to face her again.

"Excuse me?" I said, cocking my head to the side inquisitively.

"My apologies, Ms. Edwards" she corrected herself, a small blush tainting her cheeks as I spun back around to walk.

-----------------------------------

"Jade!"

"Jade, over here!"

"Crack a smile, love!"

I looked around for where the voices were coming from. It was then that I saw my group of friends shouting me over to where they were stood in line. Sam, my best friend, was the one telling me to smile. He was telling me to smile? Here I am stood at the entrance for a Perrie Edwards concert, due to his persistent begging when he knows I hate her, and he wants me to smile?

Despite my thoughts, I shot a shy smile at the group, rushing over to them so I could avoid the crowds of fans waiting outside. All the people here are completely badass, and here I am, the complete opposite.

My idea of fun is simple things, like going for a walk or reading. Basically, I hate to be around people. I suffer from social anxiety, the only reason I agreed to come is because I know Sam is here, and he always keeps me safe.

We met in primary school, our mams knew each other so we always used to play together. Everybody assumes we're a couple, because we act like it at times. But we both mutually agree that it would just be really weird and awkward if we were to date. So we're sort of emotional friends with benefits, just never romantic.