12. Cloud City

Ben and Chewbacca flew towards the landing pad in the centre of the city. After landing the falcon they looked out of the window to see a group of people walking towards them.

They all left the cockpit and headed down the ramp, Leia leading the way.

"Well well look at what we have here." Said Lando Calrissian with a smirk.

"It's good to see you to Lando." Said Leia stepping forward.

"What brings you here Leia?" Lando Asked, "You haven't down anything to my ship have you?"

"No my son's falcon is completely in tact, mostly." Said Leia clearly trembling.

Lando laughed and walked past them towards the ramp, "HAN! Where are you? Come out and be sociable!" He said laughing.

There was no response. Lando's smile faded as he turned back to Leia, he walked back down the ramp, "Where is he?"

"Han died a few months ago." Leia said quietly wiping her eyes.

Lando hugged her and Chewie walked over to them hugging them both. After a few moments they all pulled away. "I'm guessing your not here just to visit and enjoy my company." Said Lando.

Leia smiled laughing slightly, "No unfortunately not, the resistance need somewhere to set up a base."

"Well your in luck, I presumed you would turn up one day needing my help, so I built a massive hidden base." Said Lando looking over Leia's shoulder, "May I ask who these lovely people are?"

Leia turned to face the group, "This is my son, Ben who I'm sure you remember." Lando nodded and smiled at him.

"And this is Rey, Finn and Rose." Said Leia pointing to each of them.

"A pleasure to meet you all, please follow me inside." Said Lando linking arms with Leia as they walked inside.

"I still don't trust this place R2." Said C3-P0 walking behind them, R2 beeped a sarcastic remark.

"I'm glad you care so much." Replied C3-P0.

Finn, Rose and Chewie went ahead whilst Rey and Ben followed behind.

The group walked through the hallways of cloud city. The walls where all white and the area was spotless. Various residents of cloud city wandered the halls others were rushing to get to places. For a small city it was very busy. Lando led them down a long corridor towards what looked like a small library. They all entered the room where the walls were lined with large bookcases, filled to the brim with books along with documents and censuses. Lando walked over to a bookcase in the corner of the room. He reached out and scanned along the bookshelf until he found what he was looking for, he pulled down on the selected book and stepped back. the bookshelf opened to reveal  large corridor. "This is one of the many entrances into the base, there is a hanger bay you will need to fly under the city and then up into it." He said leading them down the corridor.

Stopping at a large door he typed in a code to a keypad, the door opened to reveal a massive hanger, the floor ahead of them could open to allow ships in and there were various bridges built across. On the sides of the rooms were several doors leading to rooms, steel ladders lead up to the various other rooms situated above. "It's not very pretty but it has everything you could need." said Lando walking around the room, "On Bespin there is a hidden hangerbay where you can keep your cruisers."

"I don't know how I can thank you Lando, when did you build this?" Leia Asked as they walked through another door into a large control room.

"I began building it after the fall of the empire, I figured something like this would come in handy." Lando replied turning on some holo screens.

"How any people know about this place?" Asked Ben.

"No one apart from you and me know it's now the new resistance base, very few know about this place, those who do think it's just a bunker in case of a nuclear attack on the city." Said Lando.

"It's perfect Lando, I will contact the other generals and commanders, I will notify them off the location." Said Leia walking over to a holoscreen.

"Excellent, now if you would excuse me I'm afraid I need to get back." Lando replied walking towards the door.

"Thank you again Lando." Said Leia, Lando turned, "Your most welcome Princess." And with that he left the room slowly closing the door behind him.

"Finn and Chewie I will need your help contacting the resistance and Rose I think it would be best if you just relaxed for a bit before you see the doctors." Said Leia sitting down at a chair. Finn and Chewie walked over to a holoscreen each and began typing away whilst Rose sat down on a sofa looking at a holopad. Rey and Ben stood awkwardly in the corner of the room.

"Rey and Ben I suggest you go and look around the place." Leia added.

Rey and Ben nodded and left the room.
********************************
The two walked in silence down a corridor in the direction of the exit. Ben reached down and gently took hold of Rey's hand. Rey was startled by the sudden movement and the feeling made her heart flutter but she found herself holding onto his hand.

They continued to walking in silence still holding hands as they reached the bookcase. Ben pressed a button and it opened allowing them to walk into the library. Closing the door behind them they walked around the city until they found a balcony looking out to the whole of the city. "This place is beautiful." Said Rey looking out at the sunset.

Rey and Ben leant there arms on the edge of the balcony. "Not as beautiful as you." Ben said smiling at her. Rey looked at him smiling back, "You are talking rubbish." She said turning away.

Ben laughed, "No I'm not." He said taking her face in his hands, "You are the most beautiful women I have ever seen."

He gently kiss her before she pulled away, "Your such a kiss ass." Rey said before leaning closer and kissing him again.

After a few moments they pulled away and Ben held Rey in his arms. "You know we shouldn't be doing this." Said Rey.

"I know." Ben said holding her closer, "But I'm going to do this anyway."

********************************
I have decided to mix in themes from Anidala and Han Leia into this story, hopefully it will turn out okay!

Follow me on Instagram for updates: __reylotrash__

Comment and Vote xx