That Butler, Encounters 3

"N-No, this..." Grell stuttered nervously, trembling slightly. "I rushed in because I heard the screams, but she was already..." he explained anxiously as he took a step towards them. Chêne narrowed her eyes slightly and inched a little closer to Sebastian, wary of the bespectacled and bloody butler. Grell might seem pitiful, but there was no excuse he could possibly make to explain how he had ended up covered in the victim's blood from head to toe, if all he did was 'rush in.' It looked like he had practically bathed in her blood.

"Already... what?" Sebastian asked cynically as he smirked wryly in twisted amusement at Grell's pathetic excuse. He was still holding Ciel, covering his young master's eyes while the boy tired to recover from his nausea. "We have been keeping an eye on the sole path here all night. How in the world did you manage to enter that room at the end of this blind alley and evade us?" Chêne took a small step forward, glaring a Grell.

"And do you really think anyone would believe such an obvious lie? Even if you did get close to the body to check and see if she was still alive... only your hands, and possibly your knees, would be bloody from touching her, and kneeling on the bloody floor when you had to crouch down to get close to... what's left of her..." Chêne said, paling slightly at the thought. "There's no need to approach the body anyway, since you can tell what state she's in just from looking..." she said, clenching her fist and gritting her teeth. She couldn't forgive him for committing such a despicable act against all of these women. "Enough of this, Mister Grell!"

"—No. Even 'Grell Sutcliff' is just an assumed identity, so... What say you cease your silly act... Mister 'Grell'?" Sebastian said, smirking. "This is my first time meeting 'someone of your ilk' in the human world. You did a superb job of acting like one of them."

"Superb..." Grell mumbled, his eyes were cast in shadow behind his round, wire-framed glasses. "Tee-hee~! Is that sooooo~?" Grell asked, suddenly grinning like a deranged clown doll.

"!" Chêne said, startled, when she noticed his pointy, razor sharp, shark-like teeth.

"Hit the nail on the head, you did," Grell praised Sebastian. He pulled on the red ribbon that had been tying back his dark-brown hair.

'This guy... the way he talks—!' Chêne thought, coming to a startling realization.

"I am an actress," Grell said as he pulled a comb out of his coat pocket, and began to run it through his hair, 'combing' the brown out of it, as his once brunette hair changed to a brilliant flaming red. "And a first-rate one at that." He proceeded to put on fake eyelashes and tugged on black leather gloves instead of his usual white ones. "But neither are you 'Sebastian,' yes?"

"The young master gave me that name... So yes, I am 'Sebastian'... for now," Sebastian replied, smirking.

"Oh my, his faithful dog, are you? That type of stud makes me weak in the knees too, he does~!" Grell said, grinning as he pushed a more stylish and modern pair of red framed glasses up his nose. They even had a chain with tiny skulls attached to them. "Now then, once again, Sebastian... no... Sebas-chan~!" Grell said flirtatiously as he flipped his red hair over his shoulder. "I am the Butler of the Burnett House... Grell Sutcliff at your service~!" There seemed to be red roses blooming in the background behind him.

"I knew it...!" Chêne muttered, eyes cast in shadow. Sebastian glanced at her out the corner of his eye curiously. He hadn't actually revealed the name of Grell's 'ilk' to them yet, so he was interested to see what Chêne had come up with on her own.

"I've had this feeling for a while now, but... Grell Sutcliff... you're actually a flaming gay, aren't you!" Chêne declared grandly as she pointed her finger at Grell. "I knew someone was 'pining' on my gaydar, but it was so subtle, I thought it might be a fluke... to think that you could even fool my woman's intuition to such a degree... I commend you for your acting skills!" she said seriously. Sebastian nearly face-faulted. That was her 'brilliant' deduction? She looked far too proud for someone who had just made such a ridiculous declaration.