Chapter 11: Carter

Start from the beginning

"Hey, hey, hey." He cut me off. "I didn't say it was a bad thing. I actually like it, it's sexy."

"Of course you would think of it as something sexy." I chuckled.

"Just because it comes from you."

I laughed. We stayed quiet again and I yawned, feeling my eyelids heavy.

"Are you tired?"

"No." I told him quickly.

"I already told you this before, but you're a terrible liar."

If only he knew how many times I had to lie during these past years.

"Goodnight, Martina." He sighed.

"Goodnight, Ace." I smiled. I usually found it hard to talk on the phone and I surprised myself not wanting to hang up that night.

"Try not to dream about me, okay?"

"Pff, hard task, I promise nothing."

"That's my girl." He chuckled and he hung up. I felt my heart wanting to come out of my chest. What I would have to try was not to freak out at his words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cafeteria was packed, I wanted to buy something for lunch on my way to class but of course Sarah had to make me arrive late. It was in her blood, she couldn't do anything about it, she said. Right.

Now, due to her circulatory system, I had to wait the insufferable line. If we could call it a line. Everyone was spattered around the counter, yelling their orders and pushing each other.

"God, this is the line?" Someone asked as they arrived beside me. I glanced at my left and saw a tall guy. Black hair, green eyes. He wandered around the place and then stared at me. That's when I realized he was actually talking to me.

"Seems like it." I chuckled looking through all the people again putting a grimace on my face.

"What do you want?"

I faced him again and furrowed my brow. "What?"

"Food. What do you want?" He asked with a half-smile raising his eyebrows.

I kept quiet for a moment not really knowing what he meant. "Uh, a chicken salad."

He then made his way towards the counter and disappeared through the crowd. A few minutes later, he returned with his food and handed me the chicken salad.

I parted my lips speechless. "Thank you." I mumbled. I went to my purse to pay him, he leaned down and grabbed my arm, stopping me from it.

"Let me invite a beautiful girl today-" he smiled, his face close to mine. He stood up again and singsonged "-whose name is..."

"Martina." I giggled. "And you-"

"Carter." He smiled. He had one of those dimpled smiles that made you want to pinch his cheeks and beautiful green eyes. Broad shoulders and olive skin. A black curl falling on his forehead. He was really cute. I stopped admiring him and smiled too. I cocked my head and narrowed my eyes amusedly.

"Do you wanna go to a party?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have you told anyone yet?" Asked Nick through the phone.

"Yeah, I texted a few people and told them to spread the message."

"Did you say it was a surprise?"

"No, I told everyone to just go to Sarah and tell her. Of course, Nick." I chuckled.

"Okay, okay." He laughed. "How many people are we talking about?"