|20|

| Jahseh Onfroy |

"How'd you end up at Diego's? I thought you two weren't close" I take a quick peek at stokeley before focusing my eyes back on the road.

We had just pulled off from Diego's house. I didn't expect for things to go the way they'd did but I'm happy. Throughout the whole ride here I was forcing myself to practice the words that hurt my heart more than anything. There was nothing but pure happiness when he had said he wanted to be with me.

"He's just been there, we got close"

The way he kinda dismissed the topic gives me a weird feeling but I'll let it go. Diego is the one who called and put this shit in motion so I can't really get mad. He's also always been the only one to really talk to me in the group of guys.

I look back over and see stokeley with head back against the seat. I chew on my lip and tap the steering wheel, trying to push the question away. When I see him shift in his seat I can't help but let it out "is that all?"

One of his eyes pops open before he twists his lips up "fuck is that suppose to mean?"

"Exactly what the fuck I asked you, stokeley" it's really like I can't just hold it in. Like I know I'm being messy but I have to ask. Stokeley hasn't been the most loyal person. My grandma always said "if they do it to someone else with you, then they'll do it to you with somebody else."

He smacks his lips and pulls his phone out "what's we're not gonna do is act like this shit didn't just start 10 minutes ago, give me a good hour before you start acting crazy"

"Mhmm. You still doing that shit, stokeley?" I'm a little nervous to hear his answer. When kimetrius told me that this was an everyday thing for him it hurt. I was mad at the fact that I never noticed before or even now.

"Nope" he answers simply while scrolling through Instagram. I squint my eyes and notice him liking niyah and some other girls stuff.

I turn on my turning signal when I hit the red light and sit back in my seat briefly "you sure about that? What about niyah?"

He sets his phone on his thigh and laces his fingers together "I just said no, jahseh. I don't talk to niyah, I've been staying with Diego"

I step on the gas and make my turn as my tongue pokes the inside of my cheek. I should pull over and punch him in his nose since he wants to lie. Stokeley will lace his fingers together and smile a little when he's about to lie.

A disbelieving him leaves my lips "what are you lying for?"

"I'm not lying, what I gotta lie for?"

A involuntary chuckle leaves my lips "that's what I just asked you! I'm not stupid, I know exactly what you do before you lie"

"This is crazy, my mans. My momma said if I'm ever in manipulative relationship to leave. You're tryna trick me into saying something that's not true. I think we should just take a break" he rants while sitting up in his seat and poking the dashboard

I let out a loud laugh before nudging his arm "shut up, you always wanna play"

When I look over I see a wide smile on his face. My heart melt a little, this is really the only person I want and need in life. Making him happy is something I'll always push to do.

"I'm serious, take me to my mama house. The kids can stay with you tonight"

I try to wipe the smile off my face and be serous but I can't help it. Just being around this nigga has me on the best high. After a few silent seconds I manage to get the smile to dim a little "I'm serious stoke. Metri told me about your little adventures with that shit, it's gotta stop. And I'm not gonna sit around while you entertain ole girl"

His rough hand takes my free one and brings it up to his lips. I wanna smack the shit out of him for doing this corny shit but I can't help but smile.

"I'm telling you the truth. Diego helped me get my shit together, I'm gonna do better this time"

I nervously bite my lip and focus on the road.

"I promise you, baby"

With a reluctant sigh I nod my head "I'm not gonna be so nice next time. I still have a bruise on my hip from you pushing me"

The bruise as huge and nasty. I had hit dead on the corner hard. It's starting to fade just a little bit. Whenever I get bruises they tend to stay for a long time. Sometimes a bug bite turns into a permanent bruise. I had to use coverup when I went to work and pray that it would wipe off.

"I didn't mean to do that shit, I'm sorry"

I nod my head and keep my eyes focused ahead. I hate that I feel like he's lying, and I feel like we're doing this wrong. We didn't really talk anything out, just decided that we wanted to be together. I feel like if I point it out I'm just gonna start an unnecessary fight.

"Hey" a blush spreads across my cheeks when he chucks my chin. I swear that's all he would do when we first started getting close.

I slowly pull into the parking lot of the restaurant that stokeley wanted to go to. With a sigh i turned my head and hummed in reply.

He leaves over and pecks my lips a few times before pulling back and kissing my forehead "chill out, I wouldn't purposely hurt you. I love you, jahseh"

I nod my head and muster up a weak smile "I love you too"

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::