-52-

-52-

Devika’s POV

I woke up quite early. We had a gig in the evening, where the boys along with a few other celebrities and myself were performing. The lads had a really important announcement to make and it was quite shocking.

Me, Khushi and Zayn freshened up and were joined by the lads and Sanaya for breakfast. There was an air or thick tension in the air. Every breath could be distinctly heard in the eerie silence that hung in the air.

“So, we do it tonight?” Harry asked and everyone nodded solemnly.

“Well...there’s no backing out now, I guess...” Harry mumbled slowly, his hand was draped around his lady love, Natalie.

We all finished our breakfast and spent the day chatting about the gig.

Evening came sooner than expected, we were all dressed our best.

First act:

ONE DIRECTION!

The boys popped on stage from below and began singing “I shoulda kissed you”

Zayn: When you stood there, just a heartbeat away

And we were dancing, and you looked up at me and

if I had known then, that I’d be feeling this way,

If I could replay, I would never let you go!

Liam: No-oh! Never have let you go...

Am I outta time...

For some weird reason, they’re still boys to me. Yes, they’re grown up and mature, but in my heart, they’ll always be the boys who eat like the hungry when they see my food, or play with water guns or water balloons...

My eyes teared up unconsciously and I heard Khushi beside me, “Mumma!! What’s wrong!?”

 I passed a light smile and waved it off.

I can’t believe this is happening.

The boys performed many of their hit songs until it was time for me to perform.

I went backstage and changed into my black leather pants and a black tank top; over it I had a sleek jacket with zippers all over.

I could hear Liam shouting to the fans: “Are you folks having fun tonight?!”

And the fans were as loud as ever, as usual!

“We have this important announcement to make. We’ll tell you that at the end though! I wanna give a massive thanks to the fans who’ve supported us so far!” He shouted and as an under- comment, he mumbled, “I’m gonna miss this..”

Thankfully, it didn’t grab much attention and they continued.

“Next we’d like to have our very favourite lady in the world, and our Zayn’s lady love, Devika Malik on stage!” Louis shouted and I grabbed a mike and walked forward to join the boys on stage

“Hey there, lads! Hello, directioners out there!! Enjoying the show?” I turned to the crowd and asked. Screams were replied.

“The twist here is...Devika’s gonna be singing tonight!!” Niall shouted.

“I don’t wanna ruin your mood, but blame these boys if I ruin your fun, yeah? They literally begged on their knees and asked me to perform...” I blamed them.

“Well, that’s because you’re so good!” Zayn defended.

I rolled my eyes and said, “Yeah right!”