-35-

-35-

Zayn’s POV

I can’t believe she left me...Though; it’s fair that she did. Which woman would be happy with her husband being linked with another girl? No one!

“Ni...Can you give me a moment?” I whispered out to him. He just nodded his head and left out the door.

I walked around, reminiscing every moment related to every article in the house. The fun we had in the kitchen, our meals together....I finally walked up to our bedroom. Tears flowed freely from my eyes as I stepped into our private sanctuary...the memories there.... I walked slowly, drinking in the memory of each fibre of the room...caressing the walls, the bed and the lamp shades....

I saw a box near the dustbin. Curiosity got the best of me and I opened it to find an instrument- which had a + sign on it. I turned the box and read what it was. Shockingly, it was a pregnancy test kit...and it said positive...

Devika was pregnant...And I left her in that state...

The kit fell down from my grasp and my knees gave out. I fell on the floor on my knees and cried my life out into my hands covering my face! I felt so ashamed...She really didn’t deserve me. Where was she? I had to find her somehow...

I walked down the stairs and out of the house. Before I descended the steps to the gate, I vowed to myself, “I will find you Devika, even if it’s the last thing I do....”

“Let’s go lad....” I head a soft voice behind me and saw Niall, his whole face red and tear tracks on his face. I gave him a one armed hug and said, “We will find her....I will!”

Devika’s POV

It was fun...There was joy in the house. I managed to go with Sanaya and get her a job in Starbucks. I also found out that she was fond of dancing! Wow, such a total meant-to-be bestie!

I was 9 months pregnant now; the delivery could take place any time. There were joyous moments in between...My girl’s first kick...I felt overjoyed and cried a river lot of tears.

As of now, I was resting on the sofa, with my leg up and my mother was in the kitchen, preparing me my tea. It was 1 in the afternoon.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I gasped, thinking that the baby was kicking. But no, the pain continued after intervals. Being the attentive Biology student that I was, I knew that it was the oxytocin kicking in and contractions had begun. I suddenly called out for my mum: “Maaa!!”

She came rushing out of the kitchen, sensing the pain in my voice. She saw me and understood that I was in delivery pain.

The best part is: that we were all prepared. But Sanaya was at work, though.

My mum rushed upstairs and carried a bag that had an extra change of clothes, some money and other necessities.

My mum dialled our usual cabbie and we were off to the hospital. I tried to keep as silent as possible, but the pains were so unbearable that a few yelps escaped my lips. My mom kept reminding me to breathe slowly, while she dialled Sanaya to inform her to go directly to the hospital.

We reached the hospital in a matter of minutes and I saw Sanaya there. She rushed to me, who was in a gurney and held my hand tightly. “You’re going to be fine...All is well...” She whispered to me, smiling slightly. I smiled back, but stopped short, when another contraction hit me. My eyes rolled back in pain, but I reminded myself that the moment, my baby comes out, it’s gonna be all worth it.

I took deep breaths while we reached the door of the OR. The doctor turned to Sanaya and my mum and asked, “Who’s gonna be accompanying her? We can only allow one person...Be quick, please”

My mum said quickly, “Sanaya, beta...You go....”

“B-but...maa...” She started, but mum pushed her forward.

I was changed into hospital robes and Sanaya’s thick black hair was stuffed in a surgeon’s cap. They transferred me onto the bed and calculated the time between each of my contractions.

And out of nowhere, pain of unbearable magnitude surrounded my abdomen area. The doctor looked between my legs and she told me, “We’re ready...”

She came around near me and said, “Look...” She looked very seriously, yet motherly into my eyes and continued, “It can be very painful love...But I promise you, each atom of pain is worth seeing you baby...I want you to push, as hard as you can, okay?” She finished softly. I tried my best to smile and nod. The doctor looked at Sanaya and nodded. Just then, Sanaya took my hand in hers and gave it an assuring squeeze.

“Hold me tight, when you feel the pain, yeah? I’m gonna be right here...” She whispered and pressed a kiss to my forehead. I smiled and pushed.

With every push, my cute little angel was closer to see the outside world. I was exhausted and sweaty. My breath coming out in gasps...

“One more push, Devika!” yelled Sanaya beside me and I pushed with all my might and finally, collapsed on the bed.

“Congratulations, Mrs. Malik....” said the doctor and she came towards me with a bundle of pink in her arms. Sanaya helped me prop up on the bed and I took her in my arms.

Tears of happiness flowed down my face and I smiled the most natural and biggest smile I have ever done so in my life.

The little girl in my arms....was my baby!

I touched her cheek with my finger and she held it with her tiny palms and opened her eyes. Shockingly, they were a beautiful shade of chocolate and haze; the exact replica of her dad’s.

I dunno why, but this made me even happier that a part of Zayn will always be with me as well. Sanaya rubbed my back and said, “You did it...We are so proud.” I looked up and saw that my mum was here as well. Both of them were wiping their faces off happy tears.

I looked back at my baby girl and saw the black and brown faint hairs on her head. I guess she got both of our hair now...I silently chuckled; her eyes looked into mine at the sound.

She had big eyes, just like mine and the colour, just like Zayn’s. She’s a perfect mix of the both of us.

“Excuse me, ma’am, what is her name?” A nurse came in and asked.

“Khushi Malik....” I looked at her and smiled. The nurse noted it down and left us some privacy.

“That’s beautiful, beta” My mum whispered as she came close to me and gave me a comforting hug. Sanaya stood in front and took a picture on her mobile phone.

This was life...At its best!

A/n: Awwwh! Devika and Zayn have a cute baby girl...I decided to name her Khushi as she is a ray of happiness in their lives....<3 Stay with the story guys! I need ur comments! xx Check external link! <3