MEET 20-YEAR-OLD UMME RUBAB WHO TOOK THE ROAD TO JUSTICE AND INSPIRED MANY!

You can attack her, you can threaten her, and you can say that she is weak, but one thing you cannot do to her is to make her bow down.  

A true story...

Umme Rubab, a stronger than strong girl. She is a 20-year-old girl, belongs to a small village of Sindh. Even three deaths in her family (Grandfather, Uncle, and Father) on the same day couldn't shatter her courage but made her stronger. She refused to bow down and declared a battle. This battle against people, who wanted her to be imprisoned. Who wanted her to be silent and cry for her loved ones' death, who wanted her to accept what is going on from centuries with women?

 Who wanted her to be silent and cry for her loved ones' death, who wanted her to accept what is going on from centuries with women?

However, her soul is so enlightened with an education that she didn't care for roadblock they put on her way. She kept herself focused, to get rid of this system. This war is not only for her father but for thousands of girls, who are whining about the situation. She used social media as her strong weapon to make her voice heard.

Umme Rubab lost three members of her family on the same day. Her grandfather, her father, and her uncle were killed by gunshots on the same day by a feudal lord of the area. In such situations, even the strongest people lose their courage, hope and give up. The killers were not ordinary people but they belonged to the most powerful family in the area.  

Who could have thought that Umme Rubab, a 20-year-old girl from that family could stand up for justice? This incident made Umme Rubab stronger. She decided that she will not leave them at any cost and chase the killers to their last destination which was the courts, and then jail. She stood up for justice and fought a war for her dignity and education.

They threatened her, and her family. They used power to remove their name from the FIR, she was threatened that she would be kidnaped, raped, killed, not only she but her family. Her life and respect were at stake and nothing could stop her. Because she had already decided, she will not leave them alone.

Her fight was not only against her father's killers, but her fight was against the mindset, that a girl can't. Her fight was against the people who believed that a girl is supposed to be weak. Her fight was against feudalism. Her fight was against the status quo, her fight was against the people with power, and her fight was for thousands of other girls and women who are living in prisons in their own homes.

When she decided to fight for justice, the only option for her was the social media to raise her voice. She used it wisely and made her voice heard. She went live globally on Facebook and talked to and challenged her enemies. She brought forward the facts and asked for justice for the three members of her family that had been killed on the same day. She arranged a dharna single-handedly on the National Highway where thousands of people joined her and blocked the National Highway on the call of a 20-year-old girl.

She also tried to make her voice heard to the COAS and CJ of Supreme Court using the media. Once she was heard, she was invited to many talk shows, national and local. She also traveled to Lahore to meet the Supreme Court of Pakistan, when the security did not let her meet the CJ. She didn't care for her life and came in front of the car of the CJ. As a strong woman and a daughter, the only thing on her mind was justice for her father.

Finally, her voice got heard by the authorities and the CJ of Pakistan insured her that she will be given justice and that he would personally follow her petition and insured transparency on the case.

 A strong girl, a proud daughter, an educated sister, a weak lady, and the youngest member of her family of whom three-member were killed by gunshots, Umme Rubab took the road to justice. Do you still think a girl can't?