Humanity has no gender

The second decade of the 21st century is not far away. This is the era of information, where we have the best communication system through internet, mobile phones, social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, and so on.

And in this era, we claim that we have empowered women, and that now a woman can stand shoulder by shoulder with a man. There is nothing that a woman cannot do like a man.

But did anyone ever think why a woman needs to be empowered by us? Why can't we believe the fact that a woman is empowered by herself like a man? why does a woman need to be compared to a man? They both are humans, and humanity has no gender, did God mention it anywhere that a human is a male or female? 

In this society, we judge women on every step and every second of her life. We label her on the basis of what she wears, what she eats, who she meets, where she works, and the reason she works. A woman cannot be a leader, she is strong, she is weak, she doesn't need to go out, and so on.

A woman wearing a jeans and a T-shirt is labeled as modern, a woman who has a boyfriend is labeled as characterless, a woman who can work to be independent is labeled as a poor woman who needs to work to earn money. Did we ever think the same for a man?

A woman who is going to school or  college or a university is labeled, a woman who has male friends is labeled, a woman who parties with her friends is labeled, a woman who runs her own business is labeled.

We claim that we have empowered our women.

Well, this is how we have empowered our women.

Every single day, we hear someone say that he has allowed his wife to wear a jeans, or that he has given permission to his sister for further studies, or that he has given permission to his mother to visit her friends at this age, or that he let his wife talk to her friends, or that there is a restriction on using phone in his house for women, or that his daughter can go to her friend's party, or that he gave permission to his wife to do, or open up her own business, or that he let his wife keep a maid in her house for help in household work, or that his sister can have a Facebook or Instagram account, or that he let her go to her college all alone last Friday.

Did anyone ever think why his sister needs his permission, why his wife needs his permission, or why his mother needs his permission? Why! Because they are women and we claim to empower them. Well, who even gave us the right to control their empowerment?

In this society of 21st century, we tie their hands and ask them to fly. 

We need to change our thinking, we need to consider women as human beings, just like us. We need to accept the fact that women have their rights in this world, just like we do. We need to stop judging them.

Because humanity has no gender.