We Are Ashamed, Ayesha

Ayesha, our daughter, sister, we are ashamed.

We are ashamed because your killer is still alive and is living a free life. It's been five days since Ayesha passed away, and we found her dead body from a garbage heap. The Chief Minister assured that he will be monitoring the case personally and the Chief Justice of the High Court also took a sou moto notice. Many other officials also assured that the culprit would be arrested in hours but still, after days have passed, we are just talking. We are ashamed because we could not give him a death penalty openly yet. Ayesha, your brothers and sisters came out on the roads and took fires on the chest from their own police but they could not catch that person, your culprit.

We raised our voices for you on the social media, everywhere, we demand for justice but we are still unable to get the task done, though we all changed our display pictures on Facebook and put up various statuses for you.

Ayesha, all the Pakistani politicians, cricketers, celebrities, and socialists are taking a stance for you, they are talking for you on the social media and demanding for road rallies to bring about justice for you, but all of us still failed to identify the one responsible.

Ayesha, we are ashamed because we could not save you but also failed to save our other daughters like you. There are hundereds of kids being sexually abused and raped all around the country and we are sitting at home watching the television and doing nothing about it.

Ayesha, we are ashamed because your death has been politicized, we still don't know what exactly happened to you in those days, and what the monster put you through during those days.

Ayesha, we are ashamed because we promised to your father that we will not take rest until that person will be in jail or hanged but he is still living a free life and enjoying himself.

We talk on social media, talk shows, parliaments, rallies, open talks that we will do this and that but the bottom line is that your case is getting slow day by day, and we are ashamed for that, Ayesha.

Ayesha, we promise you, and other girls who have been put through the same situation, yet again, that we will not leave those culprits at any cost. One day or the other, we will get them, and punish them to bring justice to you and other girls like you. We will not forget you, for you put this nation together. We promise you that we will make a society where every woman will be respected and given equal right to live like every man has.

Now we demand the Chief of Army Staff to come forward and save the honor of our daughters.