"Mike, relax. I know Jasmine, she would never text and drive, I promise," I stated, placing an arm on his shoulder, then placing it back on the wheel.

"But what if she made an exception?" He disagreed. 

"You can't base this tragedy off of 'what ifs' because you are just frightening yourself and you need to calm down. Goes, our friends is in hospital, and yes, it sucks. But, it wasn't your fault that the car rammed into hers, it wasn't anyone's fault."

"You're right, like usual," he replied, shifting in his seat.

"She knows that you love her and you obviously know that she loves you back. One simple disagreement isn't the end of the world, and maybe this is how you two can figure things out," I smiled, looking over at him.

"Thank you for this talk, I needed it," he gushed.

"Confidence boosts solve everything," I laughed.

The sliding doors welcomed us into the clean, empty lobby of the hospital. Barely anyone was sitting in the plastic chairs that were lined up on the wall. I always hated those chairs, they are stressful and uncomfortable. You are forced to sit in them, waiting for the results of the one you love that is suffering in a completely different room.

The chairs that are placed in the private rooms are just as bad because they bring back memories of the day Joe dies and how I was sitting in a hospital chair, holding his hand as he took his last breath. I remember rushing into this hospital once my brother called about Joe, and now I'm back here, but for my best friend. Pleas let this be the last emergency this summer.

"We're here for Jasmine Mae," Mike announced to the women at the round desk that was in the center of the lobby.

"Family members?" She asked, her glasses falling down onto her nose.

"Sort of," I shrugged.

"I'm sorry, but only family members are allowed at this moment," she apologised.

"What she meant, was that we are step siblings," Mike interrupted, giving me a glare.

"Yeah, that's why I said 'sort of'," I chuckled, glancing over at Mike who was signalling for me to shut up.

"Oh, alright then. Her room number is 329, on the third floor," she explained, giving us a pass that was suppose to around our necks.

"Thank you for your time," I smiled and bolted down the hallway to the elevator, Mike next to me.

"You really need to practice your lying skills," Mike laughed, as he pressed the button that brought us up to the third floor.

"I think we pulled it off," I replied, proudly.

"Thanks to me," he smirked and pressed the button again.

"Chill before we get stuck in an elevator. It will bring us to the third floor eventually," I smacked his hands off the buttons.

"I don't have time for waiting," he mumbled and leaned against a metal pole that was bolted to the side of the elevator.

***

Jasmine's father was outside the sort talking to the doctor who is treating Jasmine. We obviously didn't want to interrupt their conversation, so we entered the room and spotted jasmine on her phone in bed. Typical Jaz.

"Hey girly," I smiled and joined her on the bed.

"I thought you'd never show up," she replied, attempting to hug me.

"You're doing better I assume," referring to her and her phone.

"I feel great, I downed a pain reliever so I won't feel my broken ribs and my arm feels amazing back in its socket," she explained, flopping her arm around.

"I'm sooo glad you're okay," I smiled, tears flooding my eyes.

"Awe, you're going to make me cry " she laughed, whipping a tear that escaped her eye.

"That's the last thing I want," I replied, carefully wrapping my arms around her.

"I brought a special guest," I interrupted, Jaz spotting Mike standing with his head swing low. "I'm going to call my mum and tell her you're alright," I spoke and left Mike and Jaz to themselves.

They need to figure things out and I'm not going to get in the way of that. Sailing my mothers number, I heard her father talking with the doctor about Jasmine's condition.

"Is she all better?" Me Mae asked.

"She will be in the matter of weeks, but until then, I'm afraid we'll have to keep her here for the remainder of the summer," the doctor said.

"I understand," her father sighed.

"Just until her broken ribs develop," the doctor added.

"Of course," Mr Mae nodded.

As I was about to break the news to walk in I stopped to look at Mike and her hugging in the hospital bed. I'm soo happy for them.

All is right in the world, however, if only Jasmine didn't have to spend the last two weeks of freedom on a white cube with two plastic chairs.