Chapter 32

"PANCAKES!" Niall runs past my bedroom door.

I laugh to myself. I swear Niall is obsessed with food. He doesn't need a girl in his life. He has food. I just don't understand how he has so much energy in the morning. I didn't fall asleep until two in the morning. My pain medication took forever to kick in. My ankle was killing me all night.

After my performance, I told Matt about about what happened to my ankle. He immediately picked me up and went to find a paramedic. They told me that I sprained my ankle. The paramedic wrapped my right foot up in ace bandage and told me to keep it elevated. I have to ice it every few hours for twenty minutes.

The producers of the show said that they didn't want anyone to know that I injured myself on the show. When it was the end of the show, Matt helped me walk back out on the stage with everyone else. I still had my long dress on and no one could see my ankle wrapped up. I leaned all of my weight on Matt when we were standing around Dermot. I made sure it wasn't too obvious.

"Get up, you lazy bum!" Alex yells at me, passing by my room.

"I am!" I shout back.

I swing my legs to hang off of the side of my top bunk. How am I supposed to get down? Aiden helped me get up here last night. I have no way to get down now. I hold on to the bed and try to touch the ground. No such luck. Why do I have to be so short? If I jumped I would most likely land on my ankle wrong.

"Harry!" I shout when I see him outside my room.

Harry pops his head in the room. "Do you need help?" He guesses.

"I tried to get down on my own, but I'm too short." I explain to him.

Harry steps over to me and places his hands on my hips. I wrap my arms around his neck. He slides me down and brings me in his arms. Harry carries me over to the bathroom.

"You can set me down now. I can walk." I tell him.

"You mean you can limp." Harry chuckles.

"No, I can walk." I cross my arms, stubbornly.

Harry rolls his eyes at me, but sets me on the ground. I motion for him to leave the room so I can change. He shuts the door behind him. I brush my hair and teeth quickly. My hair is cascading down my back in small waves. Maybe Sophia wants to braid my hair? She has been asking to all week.

I dig through my clothes in my dresser draw for some clothes to wear. I can't wear skinny jeans because I could never get them over my huge ankle. I settle for a pair of red shorts and an oversized black Mickey Mouse sweatshirt. I would wear my red Toms, but my foot won't fit in any of my shoes. I stretch a sock over my wrapped foot. At least, I won't be barefoot.

I limp out of my room. Harry is leaning against the banister, watching everyone downstairs. I stand next to him and put all of my weight on my left foot.

"You didn't have to wait for me." I tell him.

"How else would you get downstairs?" Harry asks me.

"I'll walk." I head for the stairs.

Harry's arm snakes around my waist, stopping me. "I'm not letting you hurt yourself."

"I won't." I argue.

"Get on my back."

"What?" I wrinkle my eyebrows in confusion. "Is that a new insult or something?"

Harry laughs. "No, I meant get on my back, so I can carry you down the stairs."

"Oh." I reply, feeling stupid.

Harry crouches down. I wrap my arms around his neck and he grabs my thighs. He stands up with me on his back like a monkey. I tighten my hold on him.