Chapter 29

Today, is our first official week. Everyone is going to the studio to pick our songs for the live show and learn part of the choreography for the group song. I am beyond nervous. The camera crew will be filming us even more. It will be impossible not to embarrass myself on television now. Cher seems to forgotten about the bet which I am incredibly grateful for. I don't want her to embarrass myself even more. That would not be good.

"Hey, Cher?" I call her name from our small walk in closet.

We aren't the only ones in this room. There are four of us bunking in here. Mary almost stayed in our room, but she decided to go with Rebecca Creighton, Sopia, and Geneva. Esther is sleeping in our room with us. Mary didn't want to sleep in a bunk bed and their room is one of the few rooms with a single bed. So, we have Rebecca Ferguson, Cher, Esther, and me. Esther is near Cher's and I age.

"I found your Toms in the guy's room." Cher hands me my navy Toms that I've been looking for.

"Why were they in there?" I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Harry said that Louis stole them from you one night." Cher shrugs, sitting on her bottom bunk.

"Awh. Harry." I wink at her.

"Why did you wink at me?" Cher fixes her shirt.

"Harry." I repeat again.

I slide my Toms on to complete my outfit. I decided that if we are learning choreography today then I wanted to be comfortable. I have a pair of dark wash shorts on with a white Jack Wills hoodie. It has the lettering in a dark blue that matches my Toms. I can dance in this outfit easily. I'll probably freeze, but oh well.

"Why do you keep saying Harry's name like that?" Cher looks at me like I'm crazy.

I walk over to the floor length mirror in the corner. "You have been spending a lot of time with Mr. Styles." I wink at her again.

Cher's eyes widen when she realizes what I'm talking about. "Harry and I are just good friends!"

I nod my head at her, not believing a word she is saying. "Of course, you are. Good friends that pull pranks on each other. Good friends that have been caught sleeping on the couch together."

"That was one time!" Cher exclaims. "Besides, you were doing the same thing with Louis."

I run my fingers through my wavy hair. "Yeah, but everyone knows that I like Louis and we are really close friends."

"So close that you should be considered dating?" Cher replies back.

I sit down on Rebecca's bed across from Cher's. "I wish." I tell her, honestly.

"Why don't you just tell him that you are crazy in love with him?" Cher giggles.

"I'm definitely not in love with him." I correct her.

"Guys, we're leaving!" Rebecca pokes her head in our room.

Rebecca, Cher, and I head out of the house to the three vans waiting for us. Cher and Rebecca dash to one van as soon as we get close enough. I break out into a run to try to get to the van before them. Cher jumps in first with Rebecca right behind her. They slam the door shut just as I reach it.

"Don't worry." Mary rolls down the window in the passenger's seat. "I told the boys to behave."

I sigh. They won't behave. They probably told Mary they would behave, but they won't. I slump my shoulders and drag my feet to the guy's van. If these guys act like they did last time, I will slap all of them.

"Carter!" Harry sticks his head out of the van. "Are you riding with us again?"

"Unfortunately." I climb up in the van.