Chapter 6

"Yellow." I answer Niall.

"Favorite food?" I ask them.

"Everything." Niall says without hesitation.

"Carrots!" Louis shouts loudly. A few people stare at us before resuming to what they were doing.

"Carrots are pretty awesome." I agree.

On this hour and a half bus ride, I have learned that Louis is extremely random. He has a great sense of humor. Loves carrots. He is always looking for a good time.

Niall is from Ireland. I'm in love with his accent. He loves food and is constantly hungry. He is always laughing. Never in a bad mood.

"Favorite movie?" Niall asks us.

"Grease." Louis and I say simultaneously. We both turn to face each other shocked.

"You like Grease?" I grin at him.

Louis nods. "It's the best movie ever. I played Danny in my school play one year."

I tilt my head to the side trying to see him as Danny. "I can't see it. You're too goofy to be like Danny."

Louis gets a hurt look on his face. "Go grease lightning, you're burning up the quarter mile." He stands up and starts dancing to the song like in the movie.

Niall and I burst out laughing. Everyone on the bus turns to look at Louis. I grab the bottom of his sweater pulling him back in his seat.

"Okay, okay. You're pretty good at being Danny." I laugh leaning into him. "I just can't see you with black hair."

"Favorite band?" Louis asks.

That's easy. "Tonight Alive." I reply quicky.

"An Irish band. You don't know them." Niall tells us.

The bus comes to a stop. I look out the window to see we pulled up to a hotel. Everyone starts to stand up grabbing their things. We remain seated allowing everyone to get off first.

"We can finally eat!" Niall exclaims standing up.

I stand up next to him stretching my legs. It feels good to stand up after two hours of sitting down. "Doubt it. We have to get to our rooms."

"And they'll probably tell us what we will be doing for the next four days." Louis starts walking off the bus.

Niall and I follow behind him. "Look for some vending machines then. I need to eat something."

We step off the bus into the cold air. People are formed in small groups in front of the hotel. I stop a few feet away from the hotel doors. The doors slide open and two guys step out with clipboards in their hands. They each have a small headset in their ears.

"Gather round!" The larger one yells. Everyone makes a half circle around the two guys. "Okay. We need the girls and guys separated." We move around to separate sides. "When we call your name step forward and grab your room key. Your bags are being delivered to your room as we speak."

I block out his voice. My name won't be called until the end. Louis starts making funny faces at me from the other side. I keep giggling unable to contain my laughter.

"Cher Lloyd and Carter Shay." They smaller guy calls my name. I walk forward and see a girl a little older than me. She must be Cher. "Floor seven room 707."

We each grab our own room key. I wave to Louis before heading inside. "I'm Carter." I say once we are in the elevator.

"Cher." She presses the seven. "I'm glad I'm sharing a room with someone around my age."

"Me too." I reply honestly. "I thought I was going to get someone older and strict."

"I like your outfit." Cher comments when the elevator doors open. "I think we'll get along fine."

"Thanks!" We walk down the hallway to our room.

"Carter!" I spin around to see Niall behind me. He jogs to where I stopped. "What's your room number?"

"Seven hundred and seven." I answer continuing down the hallway after Cher.

"I have seven hundred and two." Niall keeps up with me. "What does Louis have?"

Cher stops in front of our door unlocking it. I turn to face Niall not going in yet. "No clue. He was still down there when I came up. Who's your roommate?"

Niall glances over his shoulder. "Zayn Malik. He was right behind me. He's about the same age."

"Seems like we got good roommate's then. Hopefully, Louis did too." I say. I wonder if he is still waiting to get his room. "Anyways, I'll see you later. Okay? I want to get settled in."

Niall nods his head. "That's fine. I'm looking for the vending machines anyways."

"Make sure you tell me where they are. I might need a midnight snack tonight." I giggle. "I'll see you later."

I step in my new room shutting the door. Cher has her purse on the bed closest to the door leaving the one by the window. The room has a small bathroom with a shower. There is a small table with three chairs. A tiny balcony with a view of the pool. The beds are both queen sized and there is a tv on two dressers. It's your basic hotel room.

"I took this bed. I hope you don't mind." Cher walks out of the bathroom going through her purse.

"Not at all." I smile jumping on the bed. My phone starts vibrating. I take it out of my back pocket.

'What room are you?' Louis texts.

'707.' I write back laying on my bed.

'I think you have a guest.'

I stare at the text. I have a guest?How would he know? Someone knocks on our door. Cher skips to the door and opens it. Louis is standing at the doorway. Should have known.

"Can I help you?" Cher opens the door leaning against it.

"Is Carter in here?" Louis asks obviously not seeing me on the bed.

"Are you her boyfriend?" Cher asks crossing her arms. Oh geez. I'm glad I wasn't standing there. I would be as red as a tomato.

"No. Just a friend." Louis shakes his head.

"Carter!" Cher yells looking over her shoulder.

I climb off my bed stuffing my phone in my pocket. "Hey Louis." I smile. Cher looks at the two of us before leaving us alone. "What's up?"

"I wanted to meet my neighbor." He grins. Neighbor? "I live right there." Louis points to the room right next to mine. "You should meet my roommate!" He suddenly says. He grabs my wrist pulling me to his room.

Louis's room is just like ours, but on the opposite wall. "Who's your roommate?"

A guy steps out of the bathroom in a navy blazer over a white shirt and jeans. "Uh. Hi." He waves at me looking surprised. I'd be surprised to if a random girl was in my room. I notice he has really thick curly hair sticking out everywhere.

"Hey." I step closer to Louis self consciously.

"Harry, this is my best friend Carter." Louis introduces us.

"Best friend? We just met at the auditions." I look up at him.

He shrugs smiling down at me. "We're going to be best friends anyways." I love how positive he is.

"You're probably right." I agree. Something about Louis makes me click with him so well. It seems like we've been friends for forever. "What are we supposed to do for the rest of the day?"

Louis plops down on the bed by the window. "Each floor is going to be called to go down to one of the meeting rooms."

"After that, I'm going to need to eat." I rub my stomach settling down next him.

"Don't worry. I'll feed you."