Chapter 9

"Take a breath, Niall!" I laugh at him.

So far he has eaten three pieces of pizza and is currently on his fourth. I've only had two pieces so far.

"I'm hungry." Niall takes another bite.

I laugh and shake my head at him. Apparently, the show bought a whole bunch of pizzas for us. Louis managed to grab a whole box for the four of us. More than half the box is gone. Niall sure does love his food.

"I'm so glad we all made it." Cher pulls a piece of pepperoni off the pizza.

"I'm surprised I made it." I say under my breath.

"When are you going to accept the fact that you are an amazing singer?" Cher asks me setting her arms on the circular table. "Did someone say that you were a bad singer?"

I wrinkle my noise slightly. "No." I lie. Why does my nose always do that when I'm about to lie? It always gives me away.

"Why don't you believe you are a good singer?" Niall asks between bites.

I look down at my paper plate. "I don't want to talk about it." I whisper.

"I'm not looking forward to those dance lessons." Louis smoothly changes the subject. I smile at him gratefully.

"I'm a terrible dancer." Niall finishes his pizza.

"Don't tell me you are about to get another piece." I stare at Niall who was about to reach for another slice.

"I'm hungry." He repeats.

"Where do you put all of it?" Cher asks him.

Niall takes another huge bite and shrugs. I wish I could eat as much as he did.

"Look what I found!" A girl in her twenties stumbles in the room carrying two bottles of vodka. Most of the people in the room cheer.

"Want to take our little party somewhere else? I don't want to watch all of them get drunk." Louis suggests standing up.

I stand up next to him. "Sounds like a good idea." I agree with him.

We all walk out to the pool and sit at a table out there. Niall sets the pizza box down. Cher takes off her shoes and puts her feet in the water. I sit down in the chair in between Louis and Niall.

"It's heated!" Cher grins.

I stare at the moon's reflection in the pool. "How early do we have to get up tomorrow?"

"I heard nine." Niall answers me.

"That's too early." I complain. "I should probably go to bed soon." I say.

"I'll take you up to your room." Louis offers. "I wouldn't want any of the drunks to bother you."

"Okay." I agree standing up. "I'll see you later, Cher. Bye, Niall." I wave to them.

Louis and I walk back into the hotel. We pass the room where all the people are partying. They will regret that in the morning. If we are doing dancing lessons, that means the music will be loud. That's going to suck for everyone that has a bad hangover.

"If you don't mind me asking. Who told you that you were a bad singer?" Louis asks when we step in the elevator.

I bite my lip nervously. Should I tell him? Can I truly trust him? "I'll tell you soon."

"But not today?" Louis finishes my thought.

"Exactly." I nod my head.

The elevator stops on our floor. Louis and I step off the elevator and head to my room.

"Don't believe them. You're a talented singer." Louis kisses my cheek and walks to his room. "Night, Carter."

"Night, Louis." I smile to myself. I unlock our hotel room and step in.

I should probably take a shower, but I'm way too tired. I grab a pair of pajama shorts and an oversized shirt. I pull them on quickly and head to the bathroom. I brush my teeth quickly.

When I'm done, I jump on my bed. So comfy. I bury myself under the covers. This bed is so much better than mine at home. I wouldn't be surprised if Riley is sleeping in my bed tonight.

I close my eyes and start to fall asleep.

"You two are so cute together!" Cher says immediately walking in the room. "I bet you twenty bucks that you two will end up together by the end of the show."

Almost asleep.

I roll over on my side to face her. "No, we won't." I pull the comforter over me better.

Cher grabs some pajamas from her drawers. "Yes, you will. He likes you. I can tell."

"If anything we'll be best friends." I say.

"You already act like best friends!" Cher laughs. "Where's your phone?" I point to my phone on the bed stand. "Louis will text you in the next two minutes saying goodnight."

"Doubt it." I shake my head at her.

My phone starts vibrating. No way. It must be my mom. Cher smirks at me and snatches my phone before I can.

"I knew it!" She grins.

Cher tosses my phone towards me. I read my latest text message from Louis.

'Goodnight ;) See you in the morning'

Wow, Cher was right.

"He even put a winky face." Cher says climbing in her bed.

"He must have messed the keys up." I say still not convinced.

"You are so negative!"

"Sorry." I set my phone back on the table.

"Did you write back?" Cher curls up in her bed.

"No." I reply.

"Give me your phone." Cher holds out her hand. I toss my phone back to her. She types something in to it. "There. Now you can go to sleep."

"What did you write?" I grab my phone from her.

'Night, Louis ;D'

"It looks like I'm really excited for tomorrow now." I complain.

"Which you are." She points out turning off the lamp.

"I don't want him to know that." I tell her closing my eyes once again.

"Oops." Cheer giggles.

••••

AUTHOR'S Note:

This was going to be longer, but I'm exhausted. I kept falling asleep while writing this. If there are any mistakes, I'm sorry.

Anyways, I hope you like it! Please comment!