Chapter 19

"I can't believe you lost to a girl!" Cher cackles, leaning her head against the concrete wall.

"I let her win." Louis pulls on the black suit.

Apparently, paint-balling wasn't the only plan for today. Now we are getting suited up to race go-carts in an inside track. Surprisingly, we are the only ones here. I figured this place would be packed, but it's not. Which is a good thing. We can be absolutely crazy and not care what other people think. Louis already does that, though.

"No teams." I tell them. "Every man or woman for themselves."

"Be prepared to lose." Louis smirks, handing me my black helmet.

"Don't count on it." I grab it from him, walking out of the room to the inside track.

Riley walks next to me. "Why don't we make this interesting?" He exchanges a look with Cher.

What are they up to? I look at both of their faces. They smile at each other mischievously. Oh gosh. This cannot be good. I should have never allowed them to meet. They are way too much alike. If Riley wasn't gay I bet they would date each other.

"The losers have to do what ever the winner wants for a month." Cher grins. "The winner gets to chose one thing each loser has to do on each day."

"A month? No way! How about a week?" I exclaim, coming to a stop at the go-carts.

"Can't handle it?" Louis stops in front of me, a huge smirk on his face.

"I can handle it." I place my hands on my hips, glaring up at him.

"I don't think you can." Louis crosses his arms with his helmet still in his hands.

"Shouldn't you be the one worried? I was the one that won at paintball. This will be a piece of cake." I smirk.

Louis grins down at me. "I let you win that."

A small laugh escapes my mouth. "You let me win? Oh please. You just don't want to admit that I beat you at paintball."

Riley places a hand in between us. "You two can flirt later. We need to get this race started."

I step back once I realize how close Louis and I were. Our chests were almost touching each other. My cheeks flush red as I sit down in my go-kart. I watch as Louis climbs in the go-kart next to me. He is so going to lose this. The winner gets to make the losers do whatever they want for a month. I could have so much fun with this.

Cher turns around in her go-kart. "Okay, we all agree on the prize?" She waits for all of us to nod our heads. "Good. Let's get this started. First to cross the line wins."

We all turn on our go-karts and wait for the light to turn green. It just turned red. I have to win this. I can't let them win. Riley would probably make me embarrass myself on live television. Cher would make me embarrass myself in front of Louis while on live television. Louis would just embarrass me altogether. I have to win.

The light switches to yellow. I tighten my hands on the steering wheel. I glance at Louis to see him already looking at me. I nod my head ever so slightly at him.

It turns green.

I press my foot down on the gas and shoot forward. I pass Riley easily. I cannot lose. I just can't. I turn the wheel to go around a corner. This is so much fun! I glance over my shoulder to see Louis right behind me. Not good! I swerve to right to block him off. There is no way that I'm going to let him win.

One more corner and then the finish line. I spin the wheel to go around the corner when I see Riley shoot by. I press on the gas harder, trying to catch up. Louis comes up right next to me. If I swerve to the left I might be able to pass Riley. We are about ten feet away from the line.