Chapter 8

"It's a little too late for you to come back say it's just a mistake. Think I'd forgive you like that. If you thought I would wait for you. You thought wrong." I sing along with the girls in my group. If I Were A Boy is a really good song.

My part isn't til the very end and I'm incredibly nervous. I don't mind singing along with everyone else. I'm just worried to have all the attention drawn to me. What if I mess up the lyrics? That would be so embarrassing!

Everyone else has sang their song for the day except for us. Louis and Niall showed they are fantastic singers when it was their part to sing in their group's song.

Here I go. I step forward out of our half circle.

I lift the microphone to my mouth. "But you're just a boy. You don't understand. Yeah, you don't understand how it feels to love a girl someday. You wish you were a better man."

For some reason, I got the longest part. They said I could hit all the high notes. I think their crazy.

"You don't listen to her you don't care how it hurts until you lose the one you wanted cause you've taken her for granted and everything you have got destroyed." I step on the black 'x' on the floor and look up at the judges. "But you're just a boy."

I finish the note and walk back to the line. I can't believe I just sang and I didn't screw up!

"Thank you ladies." Simon looks up at us before writing something down. We all walk off the stage handing our microphone to the workers.

I never realized how much I missed singing. That's all I did when I was younger then my so called dad ruined it for me. I'm not going to let him hold me back any longer.

If I stay through this round tonight, I'm going to do everything possible to stay through. Besides, I met three amazing people so far. I don't want to leave already.

"You were amazing!" Cher hands her microphone to a male worker. "You really hit those high notes."

"Really? They weren't that high." I grab a bottle of water off the table backstage.

Cher grabs her own and takes a sip. "True, but Beyonce sings that song. You almost sounded like her."

"That's a lie." I shake my head not believing it. There's is no way I sound like Beyonce. "What do we do next?"

"The judges have to decide who stays and who is leaving." Cher tells me looking a bit nervous.

I take a sip of my drink looking around. "What are we supposed to do until then?" I search around the room looking for a worker. A guy passes by with a headset on. "Excuse me!" I call out to him.

He stops walking and turns to face us. "Yes?"

"What are we suppose to do?" I ask.

"Everyone is suppose to go sit in the rows behind the judges. They will call up each group in a few minutes. You can cut through there." He points to a door against a wall behind us. "That will take you to the seats."

"Thank you!" I say. Cher pulls me to the door and we walk through a short hallway. "I can't believe we will be finding out if we will be staying or not in a few minutes. It's nerve racking."

Cher pushes open another door. It leads us to the front of the seats to the far left. Everyone else is sitting to the right of the judges whispering quietly to each other. We walk up a few rows past the judges and go across to everyone else.

I spot Louis and Niall in the back row. I walk over to them and sit down. There is no one else in the back row except for us.

"You guys were great!" Niall exclaims as we sit down. I slide in the seat next to Louis with Cher next to me.

"Thanks Niall!" Cher smiles. "You guys were really good, too."

I stare at the judges feeling even nervous than before.

"You're going to be fine." Louis whispers in my ear.

I smile at him weakly. "I just don't want you guys to go home." I whisper back.

"We need over twenty fives to the stage." Louis Walsh says in a microphone. They all head to the stage looking rather nervous. I don't blame them.

Simon tells about twenty people to step forward. After a few minutes, he announces they are going home. Oh no. Most of them start crying. What if that's me? They walk off the stage looking depressed. The rest of the people walk off the stage going to the backstage. Simon asks for the groups next. More than half of them go home. This is too depressing. Then it's the boy's group to go up.

"Good luck kiss?" Louis asks hopeful. I lean over and kiss his cheek. Louis stands up and walks to the stage with Niall behind him.

"They'll be fine." Cher reassures me. I nod my head trying to believe her.

Louis Walsh has about fifteen people step forward. Oh no. Louis and Niall didn't step forward. Niall's face turns pale. No, no, no! They have to go through. I lean forward in my seat biting my lip nervously.

"You guys are going home. I'm sorry." Simon says.

Yes! They are staying! All the guys that are staying break into smiles and jump around in excitement. The guys that were eliminated off leave the stage quietly.

"Girls please come to the stage." Louis Walsh glances back at all of us.

Here we go.

Cher and I follow everyone to the stage. We all stand in a long line waiting for Simon and Louis. This is so scary being up here.

I don't want to go home. I just met Cher today and so far she is a great friend. Louis and I are so close it's insane. We only met a week ago. I feel like we've been best friends since we were little. Niall is so much fun to be around. He thinks everything is funny.

Simon starts listing some girls to step forward. Neither Cher's or my name is called. We're going home. They wouldn't keep the back row twice. Tears start forming in my eyes as I realize it's over.

"I'm sorry, but you're going home." Simon Cowell tells the girls in the front row.

What?! We're staying?! Cher jumps up and down excitedly. She grabs my arms and hugs me. I hug her back still in shock.

I really made it.

I run off the stage to where Louis and Niall are. I throw my arms around Louis's neck tightly. "We did it!"

Louis chuckles and hugs me back. "I told you." I let go of Louis and pull Niall in a hug.

"Can we eat now?" Niall asks hugging me back.

"Yes! I'm starving!" I laugh letting go of him. "We need to celebrate or something!"