Chaper 30

Betty's PoV

"...How much did you hear? Of chic" "I was just pulling up to the bar when fangs ran out and told me what was going on. Once I got in bar I saw you walking towards him" "so you heard everything?" "Yeah, yeah I did Betty. I'm so proud of you Betts" "you are?" "Of Course I am. After everything he's done...you found the strength to stand up to him" "yeah guess I did but Jug I know you know. Even if you didn't believe Chic. I know you found the test in the bathroom I left it on toilet and Veronica found it on side" "yeah I know and I promise I'll protect you and your baby"

"thanks juggie but what kind of life can this baby have? Half serpent half ghoulie" "you'll figure this out and You know you don't have to keep it. Betts? It's your call and whatever you decide I've got your back" "I couldn't lose another baby jug. I barely got though Elizabeth's death and I didn't know I had her but this" I say placing my hand on my stomach "this baby I can't lose and I can't keep. How am I supposed to raise a baby thats only here coz my brother raped and it's not the man I love baby" ".....Betty keep the baby. I know you and You'll end up hating yourself if you get rid of it"

"but chic-" "we'll deal with chic Betts" "What about the serpents?" "Your their queen Betty and they'll protect you till their last breath you know that. And besides that little baby growing inside you" he says placing his hand on top of mine "is their born heir and your baby they'll do everything they can to keep you both safe. We all will" "What about you jug?" "Me?....I'm not going anywhere I'll keep you and your baby safe Betts and I'll help raise it" "you sure jughead? It's not your baby and I hate that it isn't" "I know it's not and I hate it to but it's your baby Betts it's part of you and I love you so your stuck with me" "I can live with that"  he leans down and kisses me and I kiss him. Him wraps me up in his arms and I fall  asleep.

I woke up around 5:30 feeling sick to my stomach. I sip my water and try to go back to sleep but a few moments later I have to run to the bathroom and I throw but because of my wound very time I throw up it hurts like hell, I have tears falling down my face, my head in the toilet and I was alone. "Ahh!" I scream in pain, it feels like I'm stabbed over and over again.
"Betty! What's is it what's wrong?" "My stab wound...it feels like Its...happening...again" I say between crying and throwing up my guts in the toilet. "Alright Betts. Shhh it'll be over soon. "Jug?" "Yeah betts?" "I'm scared" "I know baby but it'll be okay"

Jugheads PoV

After Betty was done I cleaned her up and got her into bed again and about 10 minutes later she was fast asleep. I must of fallen asleep too because the next thing I knew was someone walking into the apartment and knocking softly on the bedroom door. "Hey boss" sweet pea says in a quiet voice as to not wake Betty up. I slowly unwrap my arms from around her and follow sweet pea out into the living room, slowly closing the door so that Betty wouldn't wake up from us talking.

"How is she?" "...scared, upset and in so much pain" "did you see her yesterday? She was so badass it was like having the old Betty back..." "yeah, yeah I did. I know what you mean, seeing her stand up to him...just brought back how she was when she joined, my strong and caring girlfriend who took shit from no body" "I remember when she first put tallboy in his place..."

Flashback - Betty's POV

"Serpents! I give you your queen!" Everyone cheered and clapped and I couldn't be happier. The man I love by my side, finally officially part of my family, mum at the happiest I've ever seen her hanging onto Fp... what more could a girl ask for?

"This is a big mistake" I heard someone from behind say now that I was off the stage walking towards my mum and Fp in my new white serpent jacket. I turn round and oh look who it is...tallboy. He's never liked me, not since I outed him about the pickings day drama. "What do you want tallboy?" "I want you out!" "Well tough luck because I'm not going anywhere" I said sternly and everyone went quiet and turned towards us, jughead walked up to my side just as tallboy said "that can soon be arranged slut" jughead was about to walk up to him and kick him out but I placed to the back of my index and middle finger on his chest and started walking towards him myself. "What did you just call me?" I asked calmly "I said your a slut. Which to be fair..." he said looking me up and down "you are. Come on let's be real here. Your only sleeping with him just so that you can have something...in your pathetic, lonely, waste of time existence" I go to slap him but he catches you wrist mid air and starts squeezing it hard. I wince and say "get. The hell. Off. Of. Me!" "And if I don't? What's a slut like you gonna do about it?" I just smile and forcefully dig my heel into his foot and he lets my arm go in pain and I kick him in the most painful area for him and grab my serpent knife out of my back pocket and flip it out and hold it to his neck as he is now on the floor with his hands holding his crouch in pain. "Touch or call me a slut again, and I'll slit your throat...serpent or not" I say looking into his eyes and I pull away and walk back to jughead but before I do I turn back around and kick him once again in the same area but this time much much hard. "That's my girl. Make sure he gets home and defang him!"  "No it's okay. He's learned his lesson besides he not gonna be walking any time soon" I say with a smirk.

"Jeez Cooper, remain me to never get on your side" "don't worry I will" I say to back to sweet pea just as my mum and Fp walk up to us. "I'm so proud Elizabeth-Betty sorry" "it's okay mum really" "nicely handled darling" "thanks Fp" "hunny is his going to be okay? But I've never seen that side of you before Betty. I don't know weather to disappoint or proud, but I guess that was the serpent In you" "mum I've been a serpent for 5 minutes" "no sweetie you've always been a serpent, you've always had that fire in you, just like me" she says leaning up and kissing Fp passionately "okay and that's my que to leave" jug said as he made his way over to the food table.

"Sweet pea how did I let this happen to her?" "What ya mean?" "I mean why didn't I stop this" "Hey jughead you couldn't of known what was going to happen. And you can't blame yourself okay?" "But I do I mean. The fire, the attack, the rape I Just I don't know how to keep her safe anymore" "oh my god, it's true?! I thought Chic was making all that shit up!" "I'm sorry she should of been the one to you but yes it's all fucking true" "so she's pregnant" "...yeah and with her brothers baby of things" "that poor girl. She's done nothing to deserve this life" "your telling me! I'm her boyfriend and I can't even protect her and I don't even know what I'm gonna say to the serpents" "we tell them the truth juggie, it's time" "Betty what are doing up?" "I've been awake for an hour, just thinking abut stuff" "I'm sorry Betty" "it's okay sweet pea" she says as he goes up to her and hugs her. He thinks of her as like a sister and to be honest I love it. I love that she has someone to be a brother to her as I know she thinks of him as one. "Who you feeling?" "Sore and sick" "just to let you guys the serpents are all down stairs" "what it's only 7:45 what are they doing here so early?" "They never left. Non of us did" "what?" Betty said in a soft voice. "Non of them left?" I asked sweet pea. "No not one. Veronica and fangs, Cheryl and Toni and Kevin and Joaquin and me all took the apartments and the rest stayed in the bar, some on the stage and booths and some in the living room on the sofas" "oh, my god" "Betty your our queen and you got hurt protecting us from the ghoulies and even tallboy stayed" "what? Really?" "Yeah" "wow did not see that coming" "your telling me"