Chaper 20

Betty's POV

(just over a year later and Betty's been back working at the bar for just under a year now. She's in a better place now. Her and jughead both are it feels like everything is going back to normal)

I wake up snuggling Jug like I always do but today would be hard. For both of us. 5 years ago today we lost our parents in the fire that chic started. After a while jughead convinced  me that it wasn't my fault and I believed him or at least that's what he thinks. I still blame myself but it's not like I can't control him so...I just have to try and deal with it. I carefully got out of jugs arms trying not to wake and I went for a shower. Once I got out jughead was still asleep so I thought I'd leave to sleep the less of today he sees the better, losing his dad...it nearly killed him. Even though they didn't always have the best relationship he loved his dad and Fp loved jughead. When he died jughead wouldn't eat, wouldn't sleep, nothing he would spend hours and hours in that trailer I never knew what he was doing till one day I followed him there and watched him as my heart broke, he was sat there on the floor of the bedroom looking at the bed, only half the trailer as burnt down, all the living room and kitchen were gone but the rest of it was fine. I didn't let him see me because he needed his space I get that I lost my mum too and I was devastated, it hit me hard too losing them both but it hit Jug way worse. I've never seen him that bad. Then my heart broke...

(Flash back)

"Jug! Put it down!" I ran over to him and I pulled him close to me so that his back was leaning on my front. He was cutting his arm just like I used to. "Juggie please give me knife" "I-I can't betty i-i Just w-want the p-pain to go a-way!" He cried throwing his head back into my shoulder "I know jughead I know but trust me...this won't help" "b-Betts" "I know Jug I know just please! Give me that knife" he just breaks down even more, I take this as an opportunity to get the knife away from him and stop him from cutting more. "I'm sorry Betty" "it's fine juggie, seriously it's okay. I know it's hard but Fp wouldn't want to see you cutting yourself because of him..." "I know I know your right it's just..." "easiest way to take away the pain. I know" "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" "jughead how many times have you had to stop me? Huh? It's okay you don't ever have to apologise to me when it comes to things like this okay?" "Okay" he'd calm down a lot by now. "How long jug?" "About a fews days after it happened..." "almost a year?!" How the hell didn't I see it?! How could I have let this happen?! I know the signs! How could I not of known?! "I'm sorry betts" "why didn't you tell me? I could've helped you?" "Because Betty you weren't good and you were cutting again I didn't want to add to it" "that's no excuse Juggie. It doesn't matter what I'm going though you come to me! We're a team Jug I love you" "I know Betty I'm sorry. I love you too" "know and forever" "always"

Jugheads POV

I wake cold in bed, Betty must already be up. I got up and walked down stairs to get some coffee when I saw Betty outside on the swing, tears down her face. I hate seeing her sad but today was hard for her. For both of us. I make coffee for me and a white chocolate hot chocolate with cinnamon and cream in for Betty, it's her favourite hot drink, always makes her smile for some reason I've no idea how she can even drink that but it makes her happy.

I walk outside and sit down next to her and pass her her drink. "Thanks Jug" "you doing okay?" "I'll be fine, you?" "Ya know I'll uh I'll be okay..." she looks over to me and says "jughead promise me that you won't-" but I stop her before she can say it " I promise won't Betts if i feel like I do or I will I'll talk to you or I'll do something to take my mind of it okay?" "Okay thank you" "come on we've work today" "5 more minutes" Betty says as she moves towards me and cuddles up in me, I love it when she does this.

A/N - hey guys I'm going away for a few days and I don't know if I'll have signal or not so I'm not sure when I'll be posting the chapter but I will as soon as I can. Spoiler jellybean is in the next chapter!