"Touché," I pull out the left-over dinner and move to the micro to nuke it. "Not that he cares . Anyways you tell me what's up?" It's unlikely of Leo call me this late, so even my tone is light, I feel tension building within.

"Not much. Just waiting for Zelda and thought of call you."

"Fun." I set the timer on and step back flopping against the kitchen counter.

He hesitates. "Yeah sort of."

I feel my brown furrow in concern. "Is everything okay?"

Me and Leo are very close but we usually text. It's safe that way seeing and calling is reserved for relationship and life crisis.

"Yeah, sure." He says it a little too quickly, then sighs. "Just work stuff. More and more people are taking interest in crystals, numerology and other New Age spiritual  staff these days. It's can be draining after a day where I couldn't have sit down and have a cup of coffee. But when I see the shiny green Franklin in my wallet..." he huffs "Success is the result of patience, hard work, learning from failures and persistence."

"Hmm", I mumble.  Why do I have a feeling he is not telling me what's bothering him. "And you are never a quitter. So cutting the bullshit what exactly is bothering you?"

He sighs, "Honestly man!"

"I don't believe you."

I hear a strained silence and picture him scratch his forehead awkwardly, then squeeze his eyes and look at the heavens as he forces himself to say it, "Have...you found out anything yet?" He ask tentatively

Now it me who sighs, thinking about Stan and Jose. A shiver of revulsion twitches my back. I move to the micro as it dings. "Not really. I've been trying but you know how it gets." Know how people could easy fool you. Use you and then show your place in the societal hierarchy. A ruined omega like me deserves nothing.

"Yeah, somewhat." he mumbles. I can almost see him drumming his finger on their dinner table, an old habit from childhood. "Next week, I'll try to meet these cops you were talking about. I think I'll take Zelda with me."

I place the warm bowl of beef stew on the breakfast bar and chew on my thumbnail, measuring my words, instantly imagining Zelda's reaction. A deadly scowl, lots of questioning, moody grumbling and possibly threatening Stan or Jose at the precinct if they try to fuck about!

Leo had been in a really dark place after Cindy was murdered. He got mixed up with the wrong crowd trying to get justice for Cindy and that was how he met Alpha Zelda. Ex-Marine turned assassin and ruthless to boot. With Leo, she is different but I doubt it'll sit well with her to know her lover still is hung upon his late crush. Well old flame, because they did have sex as Cindy used to help Leo during estrous.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better," I tell him softly, "I can take care of this."

"It doesn't," He counters quietly. "I'm sorry."

"Leo, dude, you should not..." I begin and hear soft murmur coming from the corridor and just as I look up across the kitchen, two half-naked girls stroll inside, stopping on their track when they see me. One in maroon bra and sexy knicker set, the other in sexy blue set.

It doesn't take much to understand why are they here and I feel my chest compress like a hundred pound weight has settled on it.

"Hi." The one in blue bikini chirps giving me a little wave while the other arounds her, walking to the refrigerator.