Dauntless || Newt AU || Part 1

I'm sorry but this is not part 3 of 'the babysitter'. I haven't finished it yet but I will try to finish it soon!!
So, this is The Maze Runner/Divergent crossover. I just finished the series and just thought about what if Newt and the reader where to choose factions?

Y/n's POV
Today is the most important day in my live. The day that will define my future. Today, is choosing day.

I went through the aptitude test and got Abnegetion, where I come from, and Erudite. The thing is, I don't want to live Abnegation live. It's too simple for me. And I can't be that selfless for the rest of my live. I barely made it till my 16th year!

Erudite, no way. I do not like to study.

My brother, Thomas, told me he also got Abnegation and Erudite, but didn't tell me what he's gonna choose. Probably Abnegation.

"Y/n L/n."I heard my name being called. I looked at my family, that I probably won't see again.

I stood up from my seat and walked down the stairs and towards the five metal bowls with the faction symbols in them.

While walking down, I passed Newt-a classmate and neighbor of my and Thomas. He is also Thomas' best friend. Who I may or may have not a little crush on.

I shook the thoughts from my head. Today, we will probably choose different factions and we won't see each other again.

I made it to the bowls and took the knife, then sliced my hand and held it closer. I looked between the water, which represents the Erudite, and the grey stones, which represented my faction, Abnegation.

Should I leave my family or stay with them?

Should I be selfless till the end of my live, or smart?

I closed my eyes and without thinking, let my hand above one of the bowls and let the blood fall in it. I opened my eyes and looked at my choice.

I chose Dauntless.

The Dauntless sector of people started clapping. I turned towards them and they were standing and happy.

I got a small plaster and put it on the cut.

Next was my brother. He went to the stage, took the knife and sliced his hand. He looked at the bowls, then turned around and looked at mom and dad, then at me. He turned back around and extended his arm above one of the bowls.

The Abnegation bowl.

But all of sudden, just before his blood fell, he moved his arm and the blood fell on the burning coals of the Dauntless.

The Dauntless went wild once again while Thomas came to us. He walked up to me and gave me a hug.

"Why did you come to Dauntless?"I asked when we pulled, looking in his brown eyes.

"Wouldn't let you have all the fun for yourself."Thomas said and I laughed.

Some other teens went on, and then it was Newt. He walked up the stage and without hesitation let his blood fall into the Dauntless bowl.

Newt walked up to us as he was applauded but the Dauntless too. He gave Thomas a bro hug, then gave me one hug, and then we watched the rest kids go up. His

***

After the ceremony, the Dauntless kids ran out with uproar.

"Ready to run, boys?"I asked the two, and they nodded. With that, the three of us started sprinting after the others.

A girl with short brown hair caught up to me. She was wearing red and yellow clothes. Amity-born.

"Hey! My name is Brenda!"the girl yelled over all the scream.

"Y/n!"I yelled back.

"Where do you think they are going?"Brenda asked.

"I don't know! Doesn't matter, though!"I yelled back and suddenly noticed that the Dauntless-Born started climbing up some metal.

Me and Brenda looked up and I noticed that Thomas and Newt has caught up with us.

"Let's climb!"I said and set my foot on the metal, then started climbing up. It was hard enough, the stupid dress didn't help.

Once up, I saw all the other kids waiting for something. Brenda, Thomas and Newt made it up and we looked around the kids.

"Wait, don't tell me we are waiting for-"some Erudite transfer kid started, but was cut off by the train.

I looked towards it and saw the train coming."Oh my god, we are jumping on a train."I said, scared and exited in the same time.

The Dauntless-born started running, so I followed suit. Brenda, Thomas and Newt followed, I guess.

The train started passing us and the Dauntless kids started jumping in. Brenda ran ahead of me and jumped inside, Thomas right after her.

Other transfers started jumping in and soon it was just Newt and me. Newt climbed in and extended his arm out for me.

"Come on!"he yelled over the noise. I took his hand in mine and he hoisted me in, just before I run out of road to run on.

"Thanks."I told Newt and he nodded, then I sat down next to Brenda, breathing heavily.

Newt and Thomas sat in opposite from us.

"So, who's your friend?"Thomas asked, pointing at Brenda.

"That's Brenda, from Amity."I answered and he nodded.

"Nice to meet ya. I am Thomas, her brother, and that's Newt. Our best friend."Thomas introduced himself and Newt.

"Nice."said Brenda, then we fell into silence.

After a while, we heard someone yell."Ger ready to go down!"

Me and Brenda stood up and looked outside to see a roof coming and black clothed people jumping down on it from the train. I gulped.

"What? What's happening?"Thomas asked, as he and Newt got up.

"We have to jump."I told them.

"What do you mean jump? Like, from the train?"Thomas asked and I nodded.

"Okay, that's totally not gonna get us killed."Thomas said and started to sound panicked.

"It's all right, we can do it!"Brenda said and then the roof we are supposed to jump on came in front of us.

"Okay now or never!"Brenda yelled and jumped from the train, yelled something like 'YOLO!'(Sorry Guys I just couldn't it was too funny for me).

Thomas jumped after her and it was just me and Newt. He offered me his hand.

"Together?"he asked and I nodded, then jumped from the train together, falling on the stones on the roof. It hurts, but I started laughing.

"I can't believe we just jumped from a train!"I said between laughs. Brenda joined me and Thomas shook his head.

"There is something wrong in your head, I swear."he said, getting up.

Part two coming soon. Hope you like it!
Also, newtslittleinfinity is writing the same thing, so I suggest you go and check it out now!!!
Also, go follow me and my friends' new account! It's baphfanfics ! We will publish our first book soon!
And guys, one last thing for today, THANK YOU FOR 3K READS!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING LIKE THATS NOT EVEN MY MAIN WRITING FANDOM AND THE BOOK HAS 3K! LIKE WHAT!?? THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS, I LOVE YOU!! STAY AWESOME!❤️😘